Distance and accom..

Ok i knw again this is an early post, but did any1 stay in coventry over night last time after and/or before the event?? well im thinking of staying over this time, maybe, depending on time of trains etc, i might stay over after the show so wanted to know really what and where ppl stayed, if there were any decent places.

also, has imentioned b4, i take it the town centre and train station is a fair distance from the arena so it wud be better to get a taxi from the hotel or train station ?

Ok i knw again this is an early post, but did any1 stay in coventry over night last time after and/or before the event?? well im thinking of staying over this time, maybe, depending on time of trains etc, i might stay over after the show so wanted to know really what and where ppl stayed, if there were any decent places.

also, has imentioned b4, i take it the town centre and train station is a fair distance from the arena so it wud be better to get a taxi from the hotel or train station ?

The train station is right in the middle of Coventry and The Ricoh is right on the edge, it will cost about £7 each way in a taxi.

If you stop in a hotel won't you want to get rid of your luggage so you will have to come from the Hotel.

As for hotels it depends what you want, the big ones like Travel inn etc are quite a distance away, There if a formula one in the town centre (which is useful if Showmasters puts the buses on again from the station), other than that people stopped in smaller ones that were withing walking distance (about 10-15 minutes away) I don't know the costs or exact locations.

Emma

Well Ricoh Arena is right on the edge of Coventry so you don't necessarily have to look just in Coventry for accomodation. For instance there's a decent Days Inn Hotel on the outskirts of Nuneaton (a neighbouring town) based on the Bermuda Park complex - It's about 3 miles maximum away from the Ricoh and room rates I believe are from about £45 per night. There's also a few restaurants on the same site so you aren't just limited to Hotel grub (Frankie & Benny's, a Chinese etc.)

Here's a link: http://www.hotelclub.net/DirectHotel.asp?ID=57671 - worth a try maybe...

Whilst we are on the subject, how much is it to park at the Ricoh, I've been on their website and its not entirely clear. Just trying to work out whether to go for the day and park, or stay overnight and leave the car at the hotel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers. x :poki:

As far as the parking goes the Ricoh has barriers which issue tickets which you pay for at a pay machine when you come to leave (like a lot of multi-storey car parks have nowadays).

But at the last event there were just a couple of guys on the entrance charging about £3 and giving you a ticket stub to place in your window to allow you to park all day

Well Ricoh Arena is right on the edge of Coventry so you don't necessarily have to look just in Coventry for accomodation. For instance there's a decent Days Inn Hotel on the outskirts of Nuneaton (a neighbouring town) based on the Bermuda Park complex - It's about 3 miles maximum away from the Ricoh and room rates I believe are from about £45 per night. There's also a few restaurants on the same site so you aren't just limited to Hotel grub (Frankie & Benny's, a Chinese etc.)

Here's a link: http://www.hotelclub.net/DirectHotel.asp?ID=57671 - worth a try maybe...

So whould you think it may nbe better looking at staying sumwhere like this in nuneaten about 3miles frm the event rather than in coventry town centre? ill check the link out,

also it depends on which day i decide to go depending on the guests announced nearer the time. i jst thought if i stayed over it may save me some rushing around at the trai nstation etc coming back home on a late train maybe. so if i staed i cud jst kip at the hotel the night of the show, or stay at the hotel the night b4 the day i wana go then i can get there inline earlier. then jst get a later train home after im done at the show. altho once im decided on the day im guna be there, imight look in advance into train times coming back, so if iknw how often the trains are back so ican then make sure i can get to the train station fromthe rioch on time.

persona;;y i might stay at the event then night b4 the day i wana be there.