Travel Advice Needed Please :)

nadatron

Just wondering if anyone has travelled to this event from Manchester before?

This is my first time going to the Earls Court area and I'm going to travel by train but I'm not sure whether I need the train to Victoria or Euston, and then what I need to do about tube travel to Earls Court. I have looked at the tube maps online but they baffle me to be honest and there appears to be a change over of "lines" needed to go from one of the stations to Earls Court?

If anyone can help me get my head around the London transport system that would be great!

Thanks,

Nadine

Depends if either train is cheaper of course, but Victoria is much, much closer to Earl's Court. Travelling by tube is a piece of cake once you get there :D . Each "colour" leaves from a different platform.

Say as an example you want to get from Euston to Earl's Court.

You would get the light blue line from Euston and go south ... you can then change onto dark blue at Green Park station, or change onto green at Victoria - which is kinda why you are best to arrive at Victoria to begin with :D

Just wondering if anyone has travelled to this event from Manchester before?

This is my first time going to the Earls Court area and I'm going to travel by train but I'm not sure whether I need the train to Victoria or Euston, and then what I need to do about tube travel to Earls Court. I have looked at the tube maps online but they baffle me to be honest and there appears to be a change over of "lines" needed to go from one of the stations to Earls Court?

If anyone can help me get my head around the London transport system that would be great!

Thanks,

Nadine

For the first part of your trip go to National Rail Enquiries so you can work out which train you are getting and from that you will be able to see which station in London you will be arriving at (Seems to be 1 of 3 Marylebone,Euston or St.Pancras).

Then go to this website London Underground & scroll down the page until you see a section with the heading journey planner.Click on the part that says advanced options then fill in the boxes (whichever train station as departure point & Warwick Road as arrival point as this is nearer to the hall where the show is),it will produce a number of results all of which can be expanded upon to give a more detailed breakdown ie which line to get in which direction and approximate travelling times.

Hope this helps.

Edited by teroknor34

Depends if either train is cheaper of course, but Victoria is much, much closer to Earl's Court. Travelling by tube is a piece of cake once you get there :P . Each "colour" leaves from a different platform.

Say as an example you want to get from Euston to Earl's Court.

You would get the light blue line from Euston and go south ... you can then change onto dark blue at Green Park station, or change onto green at Victoria - which is kinda why you are best to arrive at Victoria to begin with :D

Not only do you have to change trains at Green Park, but it's also a *@!?$ long walk; I swear the Victoria (light blue) line platform is one side of Green Park and the Piccadilly (dark blue) line is the other side, as it seems like you have to walk under the whole length of the park to change trains. :D

Like dufresne says, you're better off going to Victoria station...

At Victoria station you just go to the westbound District (green) line platform, and get any of the District line trains that come along; the westbound District line splits into several branches (Wimbledon, Ealing, Richmond), but they all go through Earl's Court.

The, from the FAQ:

If you're approaching the venue from the east on a District line train that will not be going down the Wimbledon branch, get off the train at Earl's Court - if there is a Wimbledon branch train there waiting (or due imminently) on the adjacent platform, catch that to West Brompton - if there's no such train imminent just leave the station and walk.

If you're approaching the venue from the west on a District line train, get off the train at Earl's Court, leave the station and walk - by the time you've crossed over the bridge to get to the relevant platforms for a train to West Brompton, you might as well have walked to the venue anyway.

(Also from the FAQ: Earl's Court 2 (EC2) is basically stuck on the back of the main Earl's Court exhibition centre (EC1). As such, the closest tube station to EC2 is West Brompton, on the Wimbledon branch of the District line. However, Earl's Court tube station is served by considerably more trains/tube lines, and is only about a 3 or 4 minute longer walk than from West Brompton tube, basically because from Earl's Court tube you have to walk round EC1 to get to EC2.)