Star Trek: Enterprise Costumes

Hey guys,

I'm wanting to put together an Enterprise costume as I have a few props I'd like to use with it, the only problem is, I can't find one in my size, xxl.

I've tried warp-one and ebay (international) and have found a few that are the right size, except for the chest/waist, of which I am 'fanboy' sized.

I have no trouble getting uniforms in general, as I own 2 TNG's and 2 Babylon 5's already, but the Enterprise uniform being a jumpsuit is harder to find in the right size.

Does anyone know of anywhere/anyone that does custom Enterprise uniforms, or does anyone have one in my size for sale?

Thanks in advance,

PCM

Sad to say PCM unless something is custom made for you it is always hard to find something exactly in your size. I had the same problem when I wanted to buy some overalls for my mechanics course at college. I'm 5ft 6in, size 8 (27/28" waist) and only a 32a chest so it seems anything I found that was for my height was like a 32" waist and a 36" chest which as you can see if 4"s bigger in places I needed it to fit. Oh and on that note arm length is ridiculous too my arms are not 10ft long!!! The only thing I can suggest is maybe buying one that is slightly too big for you and adjusting it to you size. But the worrier about this is that it can make part of the costume look odd if you dont do it right.

Sorry thats all I can suggest for now. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Thanks Naurarwen,

It's nice to talk to you again. I haven't chatted much on the boards for ages.

Well, I'm gonna buy a uniform I've seen, and use is as another goal, as I've been slimming down anyway. I had to slim so that I could fit back into my B5 uniform, which I did, in time for CM13.

The one I've found on ebay is the right length and leg measurement (which is lucky as I'm 6ft 1"!), but just a few inches short around the chest, so i'll have to breath in... very deeply! :(

PCM - I know how you feel about leg lengths on clothes! I'm really out of proportion at 5' 1" with an inside leg of just below 32", so getting something that fits my non-existant waist on such long legs is always a hassle!

Turkfox - It seems in my case, when looking for a costume/uniform, the people that make them make ones for either tall, thin people or short, large people - never a mix.

It's like Comic Book Guy said to Bart once about his Star Trek utility belt, that they aren't made for 'the average sized trekker!'.

Well, when I get some money I'm gonna get this uniform that's on sale anyway, and see if it fits.

If it's just a case of a few areas need adjustments that can easily be done, i'll do that. If it doesn't fit at all, I may try and 'reverse-engineer' the design and make my own.

Hmmm...