A bit of costume advice

Catmoo

Ok well my only cosplay I'm working on at the moment (as I've finished the others *yays*) is Gum from Jet Set Radio as I've mentioned a few times on here, now it's not like it's a hard cosplay, well actually it has been quite annoying to put together but that's not the help I need.

gum.jpg

Ya see the dress that she wears is rather short, and I managed to find the idea dress on ebay, and it's pretty much perfect, I have now since sewn the hoodie to the dress and I'm trying to get myself to cut the hoodie up (it's really nice and soft :D ) (oh yeah and the weird bulges is the hoodie as I'm gonna have to cut lots of it off to make me look normal in it all :D)

Anyways as you can see from the picture it's very short, now my bum really doesn't help it all, but does anyone have any advice in ways to keep the dress down so my bum isn't on show? It's a very strechy material and I just can't think of how it can stay down.

It really doesn't help that I'm gonna be wearing skates and that lots of movement will probably make the dress move lots, so yeah any ideas on how to keep it down? I thought about maybe threading some elastic or white thread along the bottom and making a sort of way to pull it tight, so it's not moveable just then it might look a little weird.

Any suggestions fellow cosplay peoples? :)

Hi. Best idea I can think of is to do what they do with expensive cloaks and robes: sew little weights onto/into the hem.

I can't think of anything else!

Ooo that sounds like quite an idea, so what like little fishing weights?

From your look in that pic, you'd make a great Rogue from the film X men.

Hehe yeah? I've never really considered doing comic characters, as I really go for the video game side of it all, trying to promote my love for games ^__^

Hi. Best idea I can think of is to do what they do with expensive cloaks and robes: sew little weights onto/into the hem.

Pennies are great to sew in. They work well. There is the option of tape but that means that the dress would be stuck to you.

I agree, you would be an excellent Rouge.

I'm Sephirayne on the amecon forums btw *waves*

Pennies are great to sew in. They work well. There is the option of tape but that means that the dress would be stuck to you.

I agree, you would be an excellent Rouge.

I'm Sephirayne on the amecon forums btw *waves*

Oh cool hi ^__^ I was thinking of tape but I thought it might look a bit weird, I'm gonna have to nick a load of my sisters pennies then (or small fishing weights when I go home) and have a go at implementing them :)

• 4 weeks later...

another idea woudl be to find a pair of white hot pants or something to wear underneath, so if the dress does ride up slightly, your covered

just an idea

Lil_aber_lisa

Yeah, I've bought some to wear underneath for just incase ^__^