What's the event like?

ToyDreamer1976

I have never been to a collectormania event before and can't wait.

Can anybody tell me what makes Collectormania so special?

EDIT by QS: Sorry, you can't talk about other events here. So per forum rules I had to edit your post.

I've just come from the venue - so can describe how it's laid out. This may help. It may not.

It's an exhibition hall Most of it is filled with traders tables, selling photographs, posters, replica swords, toys, all sorts of things connected with films and TV.

Straight opposite the door is a yellow car you might recognise.

Just to your right is the organisers booth, where a highly skilled team can answer your questions. They've got posters with the times of guest talks, and you can get free tickets for these from here.

Along the left had wall of the main hall is a row of tables where the guests sit, signing autographs. I front of som of them are other desks to take the money, and provide you with photographs to get signed. You pay by the autograph, the pictures are free with a autograph. so if you bring something of your own along to be signed, you pay the same.

In the far right corner is a screened off area where the guests will do talks - there's a stage, anda couple of hundred seats here.

Tucked away at the left end of the hall is another smaller hall, with catering vans, as well as the café.

All through the hall are people - some are queuing for the guests - but not many at a time, as the virtual queueing systems means that you can get a numbered ticket for the busiest queues, and come back when it's nerer your number, rather than stadng in line all day.

It was my first Collectormania too and i had a blast today. I met some great guests and some interesting punters who were there for the experience like me, they for the most part were old hats at the scene.

As for Bruce, you should get to meet him at the autograph table as the virtual queuing worked well, as for a photoshoot id advise getting a ticket early and making sure youre near the front of the queue

I had an excellent day - bought an early bird ticket which got me in about 9.15. It was quite quiet but guests were brilliant - especially Brent and Marina (their talk was brilliant - they should be a double act) :YAHOO:

I'm glad I'm not going to Eclipse or Manchester as I spent so much here I cant afford it - roll on MK.

Enjoy yourselves tomorrow :YAHOO: