Deal for Costume groups

Ladyd

(does not apply to Massive Events conventions)

We can offer the following for any costuming group.

1. A 12' table space for your group. The space is for your group to promote the charity you support, to store your personal belongings, and to put on a display. It must be used for charity or non-profit activities only.

2. Contra-links on our website if you put us on yours.

3. Access to shared changing rooms at the show. This is to change, not to store belongings. Belongings must be stored at your table space area.

4. We will give 3 exhibitor badges to your group for free. Any more exhibitor badges will be given to your group at a reduced price of £3 per badge; these include access to the hall on Friday and would normally cost £10 per day.

5. Promotion of other, non-Showmasters events must be agreed with us before our event starts.

6. We will also donate a pack of autographs for you to raise money for your organisation's charity.

If you know of any groups that would be interested in this please refer them to info@showmasters.com, they are in the process of setting up an e-mail specifically for the cosplay area to make things easier and I will let you know the address once this happens.

LD

x

Edited by Ladyd

• 4 months later...

Does this apply to smaller groups who simply get together as friends to fundraise, as well as to the obvious groups like the UKCM and the UK Garrison?

Got a few folk wanting to know if the same offer applies no matter the size of the group...

It should do but i will confirm what you need from Showmasters and post an update soon.

Hi Jackie

We'd love to know more if you could post an update please? I noticed the last post you made here was back in February?

:uhoh:

What would you like to know as i can find out anything specific from Showmasters. everything is still the same and hasn't changed from the post above, but if you have any queries please feel free to ask.

• 3 weeks later...

I and a friend have started a Trek costuming group (the world needs more trekkers / trekkies lol)

I was wondering if you could clarify which events we could get a table at. Do you mean events like Milton Keynes as I have only ever seen two groups there and they were letting people poss for pics or didnt have a table and were just wandering the show..

Only reason I ask is I would love to know about being able to set up at Milton Kenes, as Collectormania Glasgow is to close for us (especially with my wedding and all)

We are a non-profit online group that meet at convetions for the common purpose of dressing in Trek gear.

We support the RNLI. My nephew to be, has always suported them and never said anything bad about there work, he has always prased there efforts...

:whistling:

LLAP ;)

Edited by zebredy

• 1 month later...

I and a friend have started a Trek costuming group (the world needs more trekkers / trekkies lol)

I was wondering if you could clarify which events we could get a table at. Do you mean events like Milton Keynes as I have only ever seen two groups there and they were letting people poss for pics or didnt have a table and were just wandering the show..

Only reason I ask is I would love to know about being able to set up at Milton Kenes, as Collectormania Glasgow is to close for us (especially with my wedding and all)

We are a non-profit online group that meet at convetions for the common purpose of dressing in Trek gear.

We support the RNLI. My nephew to be, has always suported them and never said anything bad about there work, he has always prased there efforts...

:D

LLAP :borg:

Generally you can get a table at any event - MK, Midlands, Manchester, Glasgow, LFCC.

you would have to contact showmasters for more specific details though.

sorry i didn't get in touch sooner, 2 events very close together and no internet meant lots of work on my side, also MK this year was too small for any coplay groups as we didn't have the isles.

hope that helps

Ladyd

x

:hathor:

Generally you can get a table at any event - MK, Midlands, Manchester, Glasgow, LFCC.

you would have to contact showmasters for more specific details though.

sorry i didn't get in touch sooner, 2 events very close together and no internet meant lots of work on my side, also MK this year was too small for any coplay groups as we didn't have the isles.

hope that helps

Ladyd

x

Thanks I will try showmasters again. I have tried to get in touch with them on several occasion with no luck which is very frustrating, bearing in mind Collectormania Midlands is less then 1 month away..

:hathor:

• 1 month later...

Umm is your group open for new members? I am interested in Trek costuming.

(I can't send pm's here for some reason)

I am making a TOS red skant uniform at the mo using Kathys pattern .. a few issues with the pattern sizing but otherwise the garment is looking really beautiful.

I didn't know if there were any Trek costuming groups in the UK.