Videogame cosplay guinness world record attempt

krispy

Hello,

I work for Guinness World Records and I’m on a fact-finding mission. I’m on a search to find UK-based video game cosplayers for a “Largest Gathering of Gaming Characters†official Guinness World Record attempt. Do you know of any groups who I could get in contact with or any other information that could help me assemble the largest group of video game cosplayers the world has ever seen?

Hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks,

Krispy

Hello,

I work for Guinness World Records and I’m on a fact-finding mission. I’m on a search to find UK-based video game cosplayers for a “Largest Gathering of Gaming Characters†official Guinness World Record attempt. Do you know of any groups who I could get in contact with or any other information that could help me assemble the largest group of video game cosplayers the world has ever seen?

Hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks,

Krispy

I don't know of any groups, but I can tell you I'd love to take part in it :crying:

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's a bit short notice to post but

Final details on the for the ‘Largest Gathering of Games Characters’ 10.30 for 11am on Tuesday 18 March are below. We will be meeting at the foot of the Millennium Bridge outside the Tate Modern. It is going to be great!

The official Guinness World Records guidelines are attached for you to digest. Please note you will not need the independent witness etc as a Guinness World Records adjudicator will be there on the day to adjudicate and verify the record.

Press and pictures:

After the adjudication has taken place we will be taking pictures of you all which will feature on the Guinness World Records Gamers website and in the 2009 Gamer’s edition, we may also send the pictures to national press the following day. In addition, there will be a film crew from the Paul O Grady show who will be there to film and interview those who are willing along with some Gaming websites, Gamer TV and gaming magazines who are keen to have brief chat’s with you.

The Sun newspaper will also be there and would like to take a group shot of all the Cos Players on the top of their Battle Bus which will be parked nearby. It would be wonderful if you could take part in this. It will not take long and they will hopefully put the picture in the following day’s paper.

The rules are the cosplay has to be game characters and it has to be a character who started off that way, so Sonic who started on the master system is allowed Batman who started as a comic character doesnt count.