Northampton-Stanstead

soccergirl

well the title gives it away

I am one of the foreigners who need to be back in germany monday morning so I need to pick up my flight at 8.30PM sunday evening

can anyone help me with it?

I dont want to miss a lot of con but I already know I cant make it to sunday night party which suckz and I doubt I can go to the closing ceremony

it is soo nice if you can help me

thanks

soccerGIRL (not guy like a french fan thought)

Hi,

I live near Stansted and will be driving to the convention. It should take me roughly 2hours 30 mins to drive direct.

You could get a National Express coach from Stansted to Nottingham centre. It won't be as quick as driving direct, but will be the cheapest option.

You could get a train from Stansted to Nottingham centre (probably a Virgin train). That would be quickest, but be expensive.

Bring whatever you like and whatever you can manage to carry!

Hope that helps.

wow okey .. that is a lot of time ...damn it seems like I will miss the last panel sunday afternoon

*cries* I dont care how much it takes me (well I wont get a cap thats too much) I just dont want to miss something

I need to have the fastest way to stanstead

is there any kind of schedule for trains and stuff like this? my friends always took care of me when I am in another country so I have no idea where to look up for things

Hi soccergirl (well, that nick looks so familiar ;-))

Too bad that you can't stay till Monday.

As I'm from Germany as well, I can't help you with your issue. What train will you take from London to Northampton on 14th? Maybe we could travel together. See you on March 13th. :P

Thank you so much dufresne .. that helps a lot

becaus eof the other airport thing .. I couldnt find any other flights to london then to stansted

@mandrakai ... should I know you? .. well if we meet on 13th march I should know you but I dont know your nick or is it summer_rain?

Hi, I live in Saffron Walden which is like 10 mins from stansted and i am also driving up to the comvention.

I am sure getting there will be easy for you since there are alot of people going from that area.

the problem is getting back at the time you want..... I would offer but i am staying till monday... =( sorry.

I'm more than happy to help if you need it in getting you to the convention.

I also take the stansted express every day to london so i know it only takes 45 mins in.

out to northhampton i guess you will either leave from Euston or Kingscross St Pancreas. but its best to check. and dont be suckers into buying special tickets. they cost a bomb

just get the plain and simple ticket. good luck and i really would suggest you travel with a friend if possible.

not for any other reason but 2 heads are better than one. someone can queue for the tickets while one person looks after the bags.

better than queuing with you bags

Hey Soccergirl.

Im arriving on the Stanstead airport as well. Coming in from Germany. If you want to get quick into town take the Stansted Express if you want to save money then the bus.

Terravision is fairly cheap. I think its 16 or 17 Pounds return.

Im taking the Express into London and go to Euston Station by tube and take the train from there to Northampton. It takes an hour from Euston to Northampton.

If I would be you I would leave Northampton at 4pm. One hour till London then its 5. Till you took the tube and the train to stansted its nearly 6 or later and as your flight leaves at 8:30 then the check in is closing an hour before which would be at 7:30. So thats the latest you should be there but 6pm should be fine for you to give you time for the check-in and the security check.

What a long post. :poki:

Hi,

I live near Stansted and will be driving to the convention. It should take me roughly 2hours 30 mins to drive direct.

You could get a National Express coach from Stansted to Nottingham centre.

If you drive to Nottingham, you'll be in the wrong place for the convention; it's in Northampton (which should only be about an hour and three-quarter's drive from Stansted.)

Thank you all so much

Well IF I am coming after all now I will arrive from London and not from the airport

Saying IF means:

I had to leave because of my working placement, which I didnt have at the time I posted this thread and which I didnt know of at the time I ordered tickets for eclipse

Now I have one and I have to start Sunday which means I cant even take the latest flight on sunday but I to take either the earliest one or wont come at all

I would loooove to meet everyone of you and of course I was looking forward to see my friends again and the Heroes cast but I dont know if I can manage this. Also I would miss the entire Sunday which sucks because I own a Gold ticket

So does anyone know IF I can give the ticket back? If I cant give the ticket back I will probably come since I dont want to spend the money for nothing

I am still waiting for the last guest announcement ... if Zach, grunny, havent had cancelled I would be around for sure ... if milo or masi is coming I will be around as well

I hope showmasters get my point .. I am really really sorry ... I havent seen anything of this coming

Anyways I wil definately be around for eclipse 2 if I miss this one