England Squad World Cup 1966

mightymax

I have asked for this many many times for the Autographica guests. How about some guests from the World Cup England squad 1966 I don't mean the usual Geoff Hurst, Martin Peters and co I mean they are great guests and have met them many many times. Something different for the completist so perhaps the squad memebers like Ron Flowers. Bobby Charlton (if Mr. Charlton doesn't like people paying for his autograph then the proceeds to be donated to a charity) and co this would tie in nicely with them just being given world cup winners medals (and quite right as well) also timming for Euro as a timely reminder what it is like to actually win something!!

Come on SM and the organisers please make this request turn into reality before it is to late to meet these legends!!

I have asked for this many many times for the Autographica guests. How about some guests from the World Cup England squad 1966 I don't mean the usual Geoff Hurst, Martin Peters and co I mean they are great guests and have met them many many times. Something different for the completist so perhaps the squad memebers like Ron Flowers. Bobby Charlton (if Mr. Charlton doesn't like people paying for his autograph then the proceeds to be donated to a charity) and co this would tie in nicely with them just being given world cup winners medals (and quite right as well) also timming for Euro as a timely reminder what it is like to actually win something!!

Come on SM and the organisers please make this request turn into reality before it is to late to meet these legends!!

I've been saying the same thing. I would love to see Bobby Charlton at a SM event.

I'd go along with this, people like Ian Callaghan and Jimmy Greaves have done appearances at other shows but it would be good to get a batch of the other squad members together at one show.

Yeh I have met Jimmy Greaves excellent guest (he would give an entertaing talk as well) as I said before this would be an excellent tie-in with the "other" '66 heroes getting there much deserved winners medal!!

Bobby Charlton & Ron Flowers would be great but I doubt you'll ever see them at an event like this

• 3 months later...

I sometimes wonder if he prefers to distance himself from England a bit. Quite often when I've seen him at various shows he only has club pictures, not sure I've ever seen him with any England photos.

Might be, he's not one for jumping band wagons when I met him he was more than happy to sign my '66 final programme a great character!

Can we have more '66 guests please?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think Jimmy ever got over not playing in the final - you only have to see pictures of him after the game to see how much it affected him. Maybe that's why he distances himself from the others abit and also there might be some resentment towards Martin Peters who was "swapped" for greaves by Bill Nicholson.

However he is a great character and my dad's hero - he was so chuffed when he met him, he had a copy of Jimmy's contract when he signed for spurs - something even Jimmy didn't have!!

when i met jimmy at a previous event, along with the 66 squad, someone in front of me asked him to sign a shirt that had already been signed by the wc final team: his reaction was 'do you really want me to sign it as well?'. he just seemed a little surprised to be asked.

hi,

i am new to these shows. how much have the 66 team charged for their signatures in previous events?

just looking for a guide to how much these will cost me

thanks!

From memory some were £10 and some were £15 on photos although I think they were £25 each on a shirt. If I remember correctly I got a 16x12 signed by the eight that were there and it cost £95 all in (that included an extra £5 for a larger photo)

thank you for this answer, i have another few question.

do the players charge for having a photo? or do they do this on request? would there be 1 price for all the 66 players? I notice on the previous posts you had all of them sign a picture for 1 figure?

please let me know

thanks

If your question is do they charge extra for you to have your picture taken with them at the table then the answer is no (I'm pretty sure they were all doing photos anyway, although Roger Hunt and Gordon Banks may not have been because they turned up quite late so had a lot of signing to do)

What SM did organise though was a profesional photo session with the whole of the 66 team. Kind of a team picutre where you could sit in the middle with a replica of the World Cup (the Jules Rimet version). I think that cost £75.

The figure I mentioned to get one photo signed by all the attending team was just the total, I only know what it came to because I was getting it for someone else, it wasn't a special deal or anything.