Qualty Not Quantity!

Windu

Firstly I’d like to thank all at Showmaster for the work you do and the volunteers do on the weekend events. It can’t be easy trying to get hold of so many guest stars in one pace at one time. I myself have been to 4 Showmaster events, 2 G-mex 1 at Milton Keynes and LFCC this weekend just gone, which again I have to thank Showmaster for being able to get Patrick Stewart there as I am now the proud owner of his autograph and I’m sure there are many of you out there who were also lucky enough to get one also.

However after being at LFCC this weekend and at G-mex last year I notice that there seemed to be a lot of guests with no one requesting there autograph I’m mainly talking about extras who have appeared in one seen of Star Wars, don’t get me wrong I’m a big Star Wars fan, but surely this can’t be good for them either.

I think I speak for some of us out there that think that it should quality of guests, not quantity as I’m sure many of you would have seen by the queue for Patrick Stewart and Heroes cast members this weekend.

Hell I don’t even mind if you get repeat guests back again I sure there’s always some one who’s missed out on an autograph.

Anyway I’ve had my rant and a rave now, and I still think that everyone at Showmaster does a fantastic job!!!!!

I can’t wait to meet MALCOLM McDOWELL !!!

Here’s my wish list for the next G-mex:

Bill Shatner (Top of the list!)

Jeffery Combs (because my mate Matt’s the spitting image of him)

ST original cast

ST Next Gen Cast (20th anniversary)

Enterprise Cast

Dexter cast

Heroes cast

Lost cast

Shaun of the dead cast

Star Wars (actual stars)

Anthony Daniels

Warwick Davis

Peter Mayhew

Ian McDiarmid

Carrie Fisher

Mark Hamill I know it’s a long shot

Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman might be nice as there back from there long way down. With proceeds going to unicef!

• Moderators

However after being at LFCC this weekend and at G-mex last year I notice that there seemed to be a lot of guests with no one requesting there autograph I’m mainly talking about extras who have appeared in one seen of Star Wars, don’t get me wrong I’m a big Star Wars fan, but surely this can’t be good for them either.

I think I speak for some of us out there that think that it should quality of guests, not quantity as I’m sure many of you would have seen by the queue for Patrick Stewart and Heroes cast members this weekend.

I certainly understand what you're saying there, but the minor parts are easier to get, probably cheaper to get, and DO get to meet people - sure, it's not on a manic scale like the bigger guests, but they are popular in their own right.

Christopher Malcolm for example - he was one of the Star Wars guests, and it was his first ever signing. Now there were plenty of Star Wars fans with posters etc who were excited about getting his autograph, even though he wasn't a big guest.

I think guests like that are an important part of any show, and they tend to be additional to any 'core' guest lineup rather than taking up too much space. The guests know they won't be signing as much as the bigger ones of course, but they're happy to meet those fans who are interested.

In an ideal world we'd all love top-quality guests but there are obvious risks that come with each one you get.

Christopher Malcolm for example - he was one of the Star Wars guests, and it was his first ever signing. Now there were plenty of Star Wars fans with posters etc who were excited about getting his autograph, even though he wasn't a big guest.

I wasn't able to go on Saturday so I'd love for him to be a repeat guest, along with the other people who were there that day.

Don't get me wrong Christopher Malcolm is a quality guest, Empire Strikes Back, Highlander and many more I'd put him up there with the likes of Biggs. Shame he wasn't signing on Sunday. It just seems to me if you want to see third stormtrooper from the left you could go to Empire Day for that!

• 2 weeks later...

i see where ur coming from.

last g-mex i was stood infront of an actor didn't know who the hell she was, went home and saw her in bad girls, i felt a bit daft not knowing it was her, but she was a small part.

i have a wishlist a arm long,

like u said, its Quality, i would have loved to meet patrick stewart, he's a home county hero, but i never made it