ComicMania?

SunSpeed

Has anyone suggested this idea for a new Showmasters event, one solely for comedians and comic actors/actresses called "ComicMania"? There would be plenty of comedians I'd like to see. The first ones I can think of are the cast of The Sketch Show. Two of the people from that, Lee Mack and Tim Vine have their own BBC comedy sitcom called "Not Going Out". Other comedians I would like to see are the regular panellists on Mock the Week.

Looking at the thread title again I think people will mistake it for a Showmasters event solely for comic books. Perhaps "ComedyMania" would be better?

nosfer - Of the regular Mock the Week panellists the person I would most want to meet is Hugh Dennis. Have you seen the start of his new BBC sitcom Outnumbered?

BBC1 are showing Outnumbered over two weeks, six episodes in total. The first three were shown after the 10 o'clock news this past Tuesday to Wednesday. Episode four is on tomorrow night, episode five Tuesday night and the last episode Wednesday night. It's not very often they show a comedy series this way, over consecutive nights. I don't know when the series will be repeated, so you can see the episodes you've missed. Possibly on UKTV Gold.

I was never a fan of him when I first heard of him (in the early 90s). However I'm a fan of him now, having seen him on Mock the Week. So when I heard about this new sitcom and saw the trailers I became interested. It's original because it's partly improvised. And from my POV what's most important about it, is it's a new UK comedy series which is funny.

Edited by SunSpeed

• 6 months later...