Hall Of Fame 2008, Who should be Inducted?

tj wildfire

I thought Benoit would be the first name announced but now i`m not so sure.

Who should be inducted into the class of next year?

I would start with some legendary tag teams for a change:

Demolition

Legion Of Doom

The Rockers

Then there are the legends who wrestled solo:

"Macho Man" Randy Savage

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

Then there`s the legends of today:

Shawn Michaels

The Undertaker

That`s my opinion, what does anyone else think?

Who would you induct into the Hall Of Fame?

Demolition

Legion Of Doom

The Rockers

"Macho Man" Randy Savage

Shawn Michaels

The Undertaker

Legion Of Doom - Don't hold your breath whilst Animal wrestles for TNA from time to time

Shawn Michaels - Not for a few years yet

The Undertaker - See Michaels

Randy Savage - Not until he makes peace with Vince

Steamboat - my pick

Demolition - Not a chance

The Rockers - Nopt for ages, if at all. MArty will never get in whilst Shawn isn't.

Demolition

Legion Of Doom

The Rockers

"Macho Man" Randy Savage

Shawn Michaels

The Undertaker

Legion Of Doom - Don't hold your breath whilst Animal wrestles for TNA from time to time

Steamboat - my pick

The Rockers - Nopt for ages, if at all. MArty will never get in whilst Shawn isn't.

dont talk rubbish these guy's are awesome pick for the hall of fame

personally i would also pick the legion of doom to be in the hof

along with the rockers (both shawn micheals and marty janetty)

the undertaker

and randy savage (the other two i'm not sure of)

;) i hate it when people spoil other peoples fun. so who would have in the hof mr smarty pants

:thumbup: those are some awesome picks but i think you missed out

.stone cold steve austin

.kurt angle

.the british bulldog

.mick foley

.jake the snake roberts

. ted dibiase

.bruno samartino

.brutus beefcake

.hillbilly jim

.terry funk

.davey boy smith

.dynamite kid

. the new age outlaws

.chyna

.hacksaw jim guggen

.earthquake

.tatanka

.owen hart

.ken shamrock

.the apa

.the nasty boys

.essa rios

.the rock

.the dudly boys/team 3d

.yoshihero tajiri

.trish stratus

these guys should be in the hall of fame right now but hey there just suggestions are dream suggestion......whats your opinion

• Moderators

monkeyking, can you please stop getting angry whenever someone disagrees with you or someone else? It's a public forum, and there's always going to be differing opinions between members. It's fine to discuss these, but there's no need to get angry with each other. Just chill a bit :thumbup:

I would agree that all those guys should be in the HOF sometime but I'm of the opinion that people like Shawn and Taker won't want to be seen as a HOF member while on the active roster, so I agree with Arkham there.

Steamboat is definitely the strongest candidate I think, and then likely some other random older guys but I'm not sure who. Bridges can easily be mended, as shown with Bret, so I guess we'll see.

Edited by DavidB

• Moderators

They don't just put people in there though. They like to have people turn up to the ceremony etc - and unless things were mended between Warrior and the company, they won't show any interest whatsoever in putting him in. Have you seen the DVD they made of him? That pretty much shows what opinion they have of him, and Warrior's about Vince and WWE is just as bad.

I can't imagine they'll even consider him until they have to scrape the barrel.

Demolition

Legion Of Doom

The Rockers

"Macho Man" Randy Savage

Shawn Michaels

The Undertaker

Steamboat - my pick

dont talk rubbish these guy's are awesome pick for the hall of fame

personally i would also pick the legion of doom to be in the hof

along with the rockers (both shawn micheals and marty janetty)

the undertaker

and randy savage (the other two i'm not sure of)

:D i hate it when people spoil other peoples fun. so who would have in the hof mr smarty pants

No need to get angry, the original question was for the upcomign 2008 HOF. I answered as per the general politics of the game. In time all of the ones mentioned will enter, but with some it will be a while. You need to chill out monkey king. If you read my post you will see that I agreed with Steamboat. What you see on screen with shows like RAW etc is nothing like it is behind the scenes. The WWE seem to hold their HOF quite in high regard, so they are not going to put this person and that person on willy nilly. So, chill.

Yes, Bret Hart was inducted to the HoF, but this came about through Bret and Vince talking over a long period of time. Bret has been hurting for several years due to many passings in his family. It was also a huge financial decision for Bret for future DVDs and appearances with the WWE. You must also take into account the offspring of Hart family members now on the roster.

Monkey King..I saw your list and have to pick out one major one who is not on good terms with any wrestling fed at the moment and that is Jake the Snake. Whilst he has a drink and drugs problem, no one at the WWE will touch him with a fifty foot barge pole. Team 3D will not go in for a while due to being in TNA and being active. They can't even use their normal ring name due to the way they left the WWE.

Open Question...Is Sherri Martel in the HoF?

Ricky Steamboat is pretty much guarenteed, there has already been talk of a DVD in the works for him and he is working with the Fed at the moment too

I could see Ron Simmons getting inducted aswel

Maybe Ted Dibase also

All guys that have paid their dues and are on good terms with the WWE

I would like to see The Hart Foundation inducted, i know Bret was alone and rightly so but as a team they were a big deal and Anvil deserves a lot of credit also

Arn Anderson too

Sherri Martel was inducted last year, not a moment too soon it would seem

monkeyking, can you please stop getting angry whenever someone disagrees with you or someone else? It's a public forum, and there's always going to be differing opinions between members. It's fine to discuss these, but there's no need to get angry with each other. Just chill a bit ;)

I would agree that all those guys should be in the HOF sometime but I'm of the opinion that people like Shawn and Taker won't want to be seen as a HOF member while on the active roster, so I agree with Arkham there.

Steamboat is definitely the strongest candidate I think, and then likely some other random older guys but I'm not sure who. Bridges can easily be mended, as shown with Bret, so I guess we'll see.

i'm only kidding davidB :o

After watching the debacle of a PPV called the Great American Bash last night, I think that both Ricky Steambot and Barry Windham will be strong favourites for induction into the HoF in 2008.

i was thinking, with him seemingly lightening his own work load would Vince Mcmahon be inducted into the hall of fame??

now im well aware he is the guy responsible for choosing the inductees but what if at the end of the event Shane gets up and announces as suprize entrant and inducts Vince... it would be a nice moment and very well deserved one imo

just a thought

i was thinking, with him seemingly lightening his own work load would Vince Mcmahon be inducted into the hall of fame??

now im well aware he is the guy responsible for choosing the inductees but what if at the end of the event Shane gets up and announces as suprize entrant and inducts Vince... it would be a nice moment and very well deserved one imo

just a thought

I can't see this happening anytime soon as I don't even think his Father is in the HoF. Keep an ear out for the shows and which retired stars are metioned.