Thoughts on the Event?

Just got back home after attending today and have to say I really quite enjoyed the day. Much more relaxed than other SM events I have been to, which I suppose is down to there not being quite the level of interest for this event. Anyway there seemed to be much more space to move around in so there wasn't that feeling of being in a constant battle the whole day! In actuality I got the impression that the whole thing of having the event in the shopping centre actually achieved its aims today. There seemed to be a lot of people who were getting signatures/photos etc who I suspect hadn't intetionally come to the event but had seen it was on and ended up buying stuff. It didn't seem like the usual us and them thing with the shoppers today.

Suppose the only downside was the photo session and the time it took to get the pictures back which I understand caused problems at the last CM. I know the photos with the 66 team came beack quicker than some of the sessions that had taken place earlier in the day. Great for me but I think the people who were waiting understandably annoyed.

Still that aside it was a really good day and I think the next one will be even better, there were bound to be some teething issues as this was a completely new type of event but all in all a very good day.

It was a good day out, had a lot of time to talk to some of the guests. I thought it might have been busier, just comparing to how popular sports signings have been at the other event, but this is a first time event. I hope it continues next year, I'll be back....

Fantastic day! Loved every minute of it. Just wish I had had more money to spend :YAHOO:

A big thank you to all at Showmasters, Sports Mania & all the crew that helped out. Top job done by all :D

Noticed the flyer for next year. Think I'm going to start putting some cash away for it.

Once again, many thanks to all.

I thoroughly enjoyed my day today, all the guests I met were really nice, it was nice that it wasn't as manic as Collectormania but it was busy enough to give a nice atmosphere and all the crew were relaxed enough to be able to chat. I liked the layout as well, I know it wouldn't be feasible for CM due to the number of stalls but it was great being able to queue without "normal" shoppers pushing past.

The only downsides were the no-show for the rugby blokes (I really wanted to meet Matt Dawson as I think he is great on Question Of Sport) and the poor photo selection for the 1966 guys, a few had a limited choice of solo shots, some only had one and then very often they were side on shots, and Roger Hunt had no solo shots. I understand most people were getting team shots signed, but personally if I have such a photo I like everyone on it to sign it, and of course that is sadly no longer possible.