TNA Wreslting on Bravo 2

Arkham

try and get hold of some older TNA shows...

i enjoy it, Samoa Joe is one of my favourite wrestlers around today and Aj Styles is indeed phenomanal but over all the product isnt as good as it once was in my opinion. They story lines are relativly weak and the matches are messy (through bad booking mind you, not through talent)

you can pick up TNA dvd's quite easily nowdays, id definately recommend it. Best of x-division volume 2 is a must

Edited by snot182

• Moderators

I was interested in it for a bit, but it's just not as different as it likes to think it is - Kurt Angle, Christian, Sting, Team 3D, Tomko, Steiner, etc etc etc .. a lot of been there, done that. Don't get me wrong, WWE is hardly original half the time, but TNA has always wanted to be the 'alternative' but floats between old WCW/WWE style and pushing new talent.

Case in point - Samoa Joe, they keep pushing him back and forth between X Division and other stuff when he could clearly carry the company and offer the fans something completely different. But they don't, they focus on Kurt Angle, a guy whose best years are behind him.

I don't mind watching TNA but I really don't go out of my way to watch it. In fact I'd go as far as to say I prefer ROH to TNA these days as a true alternative.

id take ROH over TNA too but then TNA have manage to screw ROH out of some of their best guys too. Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Alex shelly, Aj, Chris Daniels, Low Ki, Homicide.

Not bitching about the talent in TNA but the booking more so, they have the goods, just not using it right.

I have a back catalogue of various tna and roh shows, but I find alot of TNA matches enjoyable. The X Division is superb and could quite easily be duplicated within the WWE US and IC title scene. To me the storyline is a pain as I love the purist action.

I FIND of the matches are very boring the x division is terrible,plus the ring whats all that about

What do you like in wrestling? I used to like the general main event big guys, but Hogan, HHH, Batista etc can get boring. The skills of the Fallen Angel, Black Machismo, Petey Williams, Chris Sabin et al are secnd to non. Veyr much in the vain of Japanese wrestling.

The six sided ring is excellent and breaks up the monotonous matches you see in the WWE.

But, each to their own.

Arkahm

I FIND of the matches are very boring the x division is terrible,plus the ring whats all that about

i dont even really notice it that much, sure i can see its six sided but i didnt and dont dwell on it. its mainly just to set themselves apart from WWE...

its closer to "ring" shaped too!

YES Im from the old school someone once said its a soap opera in spandex and thats been lost ,warrior savage hogan rude perfect,i just dont like all the flirting about and matches that go on for ages,even bored with wwe at the moment boring storys samey matches

YES Im from the old school someone once said its a soap opera in spandex and thats been lost ,warrior savage hogan rude perfect,i just dont like all the flirting about and matches that go on for ages,even bored with wwe at the moment boring storys samey matches

Each to their own I guess. Give me purist high flying action any day of the week. I would take on OMG moment rather than a NOT AGAIN moment. The likes of Hogan, Warrior, Savage and Rude were good for about 2 minutes before they did the same thing. I don't think any of those hit double figures in moves.

im a fan over wrestling in all forms, (my fave wrestler of all time is Bret Hart but my current top 5 are John Cena, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Matt Hardy and Teddy Hart) but i was watching an interview with the hart foundation the other day and Bret said something that really resonated with me...

He said how altho watching ppl like Teddy Hart do what he does is amazing, (i agree whole heartedly) he said the moves that he does should be finish moves. Ppl should not be able to get up after getting hit with those sort of moves and i haved to agree.

The OMG moments no matter how amazing they are to watch should be finishing moments and not every bit as effective as an arm bar or hip toss.

im a fan over wrestling in all forms, (my fave wrestler of all time is Bret Hart but my current top 5 are John Cena, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Matt Hardy and Teddy Hart) but i was watching an interview with the hart foundation the other day and Bret said something that really resonated with me...

He said how altho watching ppl like Teddy Hart do what he does is amazing, (i agree whole heartedly) he said the moves that he does should be finish moves. Ppl should not be able to get up after getting hit with those sort of moves and i haved to agree.

The OMG moments no matter how amazing they are to watch should be finishing moments and not every bit as effective as an arm bar or hip toss.

To a certain degree I agree. But some of the OMG moves do not warrant being a finishing move. I guess it is down to personal taste at the end of the day. The bar is consistantly being raised, thus moves considered to be of finishing move level are no longer that. I guess that is why there are more and more injuries these days.

• 3 weeks later...