Liverpool FC

Afternoon,

Looks like i may have managed to wangle a ticket for the liverpool psv game on 11th april....please does anyone have any IP autograph hunting tips for getting the liverpool players?

Do liverpool stay in a hotel? Can I get autographs before the game, if so where and when? How long after the game finishes do they come out and where is the best place to stand? I am keen to try and get the liverpool player's autographs!

I would love any advice or help! If not do you know anywhere I might be able to get some advice?

Cheers

James

:blink:

Afternoon,

Looks like i may have managed to wangle a ticket for the liverpool psv game on 11th april....please does anyone have any IP autograph hunting tips for getting the liverpool players?

Do liverpool stay in a hotel? Can I get autographs before the game, if so where and when? How long after the game finishes do they come out and where is the best place to stand? I am keen to try and get the liverpool player's autographs!

I would love any advice or help! If not do you know anywhere I might be able to get some advice?

Cheers

James

:P

I'm hoping to be at the game as well and, while I'm not sure, I've heard that if anyone does stop to sign, they won't sign jerseys but they will sign autograph books, etc. That's what I've heard anyway, I've never tried to get autos at Anfield myself.

Some general pointers, don't even bother trying to get autographs off any of the first team before the game. They step straight off the coach straight into the players entrance so don't really have a chance to sign anything. I find a good place to go before the game is a bit further down by the directors entrance. It tneds to be where the VIPs enter so you might stand a chance with ex players. I've seen the likes of Jan Molby, Gary Gillespie, Ronnie Moran, Phil Neal and Gary Ablett down there before.

The other place before games is if you are sat in the lower Anfield Road end. Sometimes any current players who aren't playing often walk to the tunnel via the Anfield Road end. Bolo Zenden is one who often walks across there and always stops to sign and pose for pictures with people.

Other than that, although I've never tried it myself, if you wait outside the players entrance at the end you may find you can catch the players there.

They have a metal tunnel that comes out from the players entrance to the steps of the coach at Anfield to stop players having to sign autographs. (They quite proudly told us this on a ground tour!) It's a shame really but there are so many dealers and ebayers getting autos and putting them at stupid prices that footballers have tended to stop signing.

I've found the best way to do it is to go and see them pre season (preferably away) - there are fewer fans there and the teams will often sign and chat. I'm a spurs fan and they have been great for the last few seasons at pre season friendlys - there were only about 10 people waiting for autographs at Birmingham last year so we even had a good chat with the players. The previous year at Aldershot I sat on the steps of the coach so they had to sign my shirt before I'd let them on!! I even got Carrick and he is notoriously shy.

The other way to get footballers sigs is to wait around near the training ground. Some will stop their cars on the way out and sign stuff.

Hope this helps.

Darren

Thanks for the advice....I was under the impression that they would at least sign on their way out...oh well. I assume that they wouldn't stay in a hotel on Wed night and would actually stay at home.

Dazzlerjames, what training ground successes have you had...I am waiting for an argentinian shirt to come through to me and then i hope to get tevez to sign it at the west ham training ground....but actually I am a spurs fan! Would also love to get autos from spurs, chelsea and arsenal but imagnie their grounds are very hard to get autos at!

Cheers

James

I haven't had any at training grounds because I've never tried! A friend of mine used to get his Chelsea shirt signed that way and I know that some spurs players will stop outside the training ground and I know that Man City players do (their training ground is about 5 mins away from here).

Not sure about anyone else. Sometimes you can email the club via their public relations to see that if you send a shirt in will a certain player sign it.

I think some players will stop after games to sign stuff - I guess it depends how busy they are. A couple of seasons ago at Reading Jermaine Defoe spent about half an hour signing but Ledley King was doing an interview first and then just got straight on the coach.

They have a metal tunnel that comes out from the players entrance to the steps of the coach at Anfield to stop players having to sign autographs. (They quite proudly told us this on a ground tour!) It's a shame really but there are so many dealers and ebayers getting autos and putting them at stupid prices that footballers have tended to stop signing.

The metal tunnel is actually a secuirty thing, it got put in after Ferguson got pelted with eggs once as he was getting off the coach.

Pre-Abromovich and Maureen, Chelsea used to be a really easy place to get autographs. You could go to Harlington, watch them train and get as many players sigs as you could catch. Stamford Bridge used to be quite easy as the players used to park their cars in a car park then walk down to the players entrance and would always stop to sign.

Not sure what its like now though.

It's easy at Hillsborough. Ok, you might argue that we are a Championship club now and don't have any household names playing for us, but this season you could quite easily have got yourself Roy Keane's autograph, for example if you were willing to wait around the players entrance for the Sunderland bus to arrive. The same can be said for a host of other managers and players. Very accesible, and I'd hope it would stay that way if we ever did get back to the Corporateship.

Afternoon,

Cheers

James

:P

Funny you should ask this, i've got a week off and i'm actually going to melwood tomorrow for some autographs.

Have been once a few months ago, primarily to get my Xabi Alonso match worn shirt signed, but also took some other stuff to get signed. Be prepared for a lot of waiting around, and quite a bit of disappointment.

When i was there, miraculously Stevie G stopped, along with Jamie Carragher (who by all accounts always stops), Alonso, Kuyt, Sissoko, Zenden, Agger, Gonzalez, Aurelio and Pepe Reina. The rest just drove past.

By all accounts, its rare for Gerrard to stop, and Hyppia never stops, Riise very occasionally, and I've heard Crouch will only sign outside the ground at home games. Rafe is pretty good for signing autographs, but he works stupidly long hours, and to catch him coming out early is a miracle. We gave him an hour after the last player left and still no sign of him.

Due to the whole ebay money making and forgeries, it seems you'll get bettter sigs if you ask them to dedicate to you (although my mate asked Carra to sign to him, and he said I'll sign it, you can write your own name!).

I'd also guess it'll be busy tomorrow, kids holidays should have a fair few younger lot out

If you want to watch them train, a lot of the younger local kids rob peoples bins and stand on those watching over the walls. I'm gonna be in the other half's Freelander, so I'll pop the moon roof out, stand on the seats and watch that way. A lot of white van workers drive by during the day, park up for 10 mins, climb onto their roofs and watch for a while

Hope this helps, if you do go tomorrow, watch out for the bloke in the black Freelander with his head stuck out the roof.....come say hi!

I went to the game but didn't manage to get any autographs, which was a shame but a really good experience to watch them live at Anfield.

I may try and catch them at their hotel when the stay down to play Chelsea in the semi's!

fidgit....how did you get on?

I went to the game but didn't manage to get any autographs, which was a shame but a really good experience to watch them live at Anfield.

I may try and catch them at their hotel when the stay down to play Chelsea in the semi's!

fidgit....how did you get on?

Not as well as last time, but about as expected. Never ever going again while the kids are off. Must have been 60 or so people around :YAHOO:

When it's that busy, no players want to stop and sign. Carragher stopped, signed a hell of a lot then drove off. Arbeloa was waiting for his girlfriend to pick him up, so walked over to the main entrance and signed everything put in front of him. He even got a round of applause when he left for doing it.

You tend to find that one the big names have all gone, people disperse a bit, so it did quiten down a lot but still no-one was stopping.

Sissoko didnt come out for about an hour after everyone else had left, and he stopped for the 10 or so people left. Got a huge signature from him :D

Rafa had gone to Anfield early to do press conference and came back in Rick Parry's car. Got Rick Parry to sign, which i was happy with cos it's not someone you get everyday. Rafa didnt leave till just after 6, but I'm glad i stayed, got another huge sig from him too. Made it a long day but was definately worth the wait.

You may have more luck in the hotel, calmer and more relaxed environment for them to sign in.