King of Europe cup

fugaziuk

EUROPE'S BIGGEST WORLDWIDE TOURNAMENT COMES TO ENGLAND

The biggest tournament in European wrestling history will take place over two days on Saturday April 28th and Sunday April 29th 2007 from the home of Ring of Honor’s recent UK debut show, The Liverpool Olympia. 16 of the top companies in wrestling today will send representatives to battle it out in a massive 16 man tournament to crown to first ever King of Europe. The tournament will then continue with a three day event between May 4th and May 6th at the Musikpalette in Essen, Germany.

Arguably British wrestling’s top two contributors over the last 10 years Alex Shane and Doug Williams have spent 18 months negotiating to bring this two day spectacular to the UK and between them have used their contacts and experience to guarantee European fans an event like no other. Organisers are in talks with companies in Italy and France about the concept of having tournaments of their own during the week in between the huge UK and German events.

Offers have been coming in from all over the world by wrestlers and promoters, who want to be included in this massive event. The winner of the tournament will be awarded the first ever KOE cup after going through 4 rounds of matches with the best talent independent wrestling ahs to offer.

Doug Williams is without question the greatest overseas ambassador for the British wrestling industry of the last 10 years. He made the following comments regarding his reasons for getting involved in the project. “I really began to make a world wide name for myself after my appearance in the American King of the Indies tournament. After my performance there a world of opportunities opened to me from promoters in more than 20 countries. Ever since then I have often wondered why no one has ever taken the concept and used it in Europe. After speaking to Alex Shane, we both discussed how great it would be to take that tournament to the next level and really do something on a scale that has never been done. We used all our contacts made over a combined 25 years plus in the wrestling business and decided to see what we could pull offâ€. The current Pro Wrestling NOAH European ambassador continued “We have worked on this for over a year and are confident that this will become one of the biggest events on the worldwide wrestling calendar. 16 of the best promotions from around the entire world sending their very best talent to represent them is a massive deal. To have this tournament then go over to Germany for a 3 day follow up weekend is even bigger. We believe that within two years this will already be considered a must see annual event for fans from all countries and are fully expecting them to travel from all over the world to see it in April.â€

Alex Shane holds the boost of organising the biggest independent wrestling shows in UK of the last decade. From making the FWA once the most talked about promotion in Europe to the unbelievable International Showdown to the recent and highly acclaimed Ring of Honour UK tour Shane has experience and success in this field like no other. The current ROH European Head of marketing and promotions said “Everyone involved in this event from the organisers to the 16 companies on board believe that this event will put the UK on the map in a way that no other event has done before. We want to make the King of Europe Cup and annual event which has the world’s top promotions clambering to be involved. We are confident that this will be a massive boost to the UK industry. For the several UK wrestlers that are picked they will surely be seen by promoters worldwide. UK Promotions will be able to get their product seen on global stage by thousands of potential new fans and British fans that will witness some of the best wrestling that the current stars of today can possibly offer. I am in no way afraid to say that this will be the single most important event I have ever promotedâ€.

I cannot wait for this!

It would be interesting to see the line up, pity its in blinkin Liverpool so I won't be attending why can't they do a more central event. It seems that the one that was at Coventry will never come back which is a pity cause they had some great guests :thumbup:

I would love the one at Coventry to come back, still annoyed about Matt Hardy not being there, I had ring side seats because of him

• 2 weeks later...

Wrestlers announced so far:

ROH : Nigel Mcguiness

PWG: Davey Richards

CZW:Chris Hero

IWA:MS: Matt Sydal

IPW:UK:PAC ( I know his name is crap but this guy is ace - If you ain't seen him yet then find some tapes or dvds - one of the most exciting hightflyers I've seen in ages)

RQW:Martin Stone

IWS: El Generico

FIP: Roderick Strong

Wrestlers still to be announced from :1pw, Chikara, wxw, Premier, Tna, Noah, Pwu and Dragon Gate.

Seriousley guys if all your into is WWE then this is the perfect opportunity to check out the whole other wrestling world out there.