WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

John Cena vs Uuuuuuuumaga

DX vs Rated RKO

INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE

Steel Cage Match

Jeff Hardy vs Johnny Nitro

Not looking too bad so far

:D

Cena's interaction with Umaga has been interesting enough with the brawl etc.

I don't know if the tag titles will be on the line or not.

No doubt Hardy will take an insane bump in the cage.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on Triple H

Triple H is in Birmingham, Ala. right now having his leg injury from last night's PPV examined. Today's diagnosis is a quadriceps tear on the opposite leg of his last injury. He is scheduled to have surgery tomorrow.

He tore his other quad on May 21, 2001 and returned about eight months later. Typical recovery time for this injury is nine months. After surgery, he will be in a wheel chair for a month or two, then on crutches for another two months, and then wear a leg immobilizer for another stretch of time, before moving into the rehab stage.

If he follows a typical recovery time pattern, he won't be able to return to action until around October 2007, missing WrestleMania and Summerslam.

The tentative main event for WrestleMania was Triple H challenging John Cena for the WWE Title. That will not happen now, obviously. A new WrestleMania main event will have to be devised, and the DX gimmick will probably be discontinued, barring Shawn Michaels "recruiting" a new member to take Hunter's place.

Vince McMahon and Kevin Nash suffered similar quad tears in recent years. Nash was out nine months. He did not continue wrestling his match when he tore his quad. Hunter did, putting other body parts and his opponents at risk of injury as he finished the match. Hunter wraps his knees tightly before wrestling to protect the knee, but it could also conceivably lead to a tendency to more easily tear a quad. It also might stabilize his legs even with a torn quad so he was more able to complete a match than someone suffering the same injury without his knees wrapped. Having suffered the same injury on his other leg in 2001, he probably immediately knew what happened.

Michaels, meanwhile, has shown signs of being very worn down by the schedule and in need of time off himself, increasingly so over the last year. The Triple H injury puts more pressure on him to work through his fatigue and nagging injuries (including continuing issues with his lower back, which forced his retirement at one point) at least through fall.

That sucks, I was starting to get into the whole DX thing (I missed it first time around) I suppose in terms of WWE its gonna mess up the story lines and wrestlemania, would be interesting to see how much the stories change tonight.

Hope Trips is ok though (I know I dont like his heel character but an injury still sucks)

Damn shame about Trips. Hope he comes back sooner than later. Be sad if they drop the DX angle as I'm really getting into it. Wonder if he comes back in the shape he was the last time he tore his quad. He was pretty damn impressive.

Pretty good ppv for me. Nitro vs Hardy. I'm pretty sure Jericho and X-Pac used that ending a few years back when they had a steel cage match.