Comics fans

Deadpool

Hey Deadpool (your comic is great :P )

I'm a big comic fan as well. I went to LFCC last year and there were a few comic stalls like Incognito Comics and I think A Place in Space which had comics from Golden Age all down to Modern Age as well as Comic Con Exclusives (Think Aspen's many different variants and you'll imagine one of the walls of one of the stalls)

Although I don't look for back issues much, I wouldn't mind finding those variant and incentive covers for cheap. Where are you from? Bristol is pretty far from London.

Ha yeah, I love Deapool!

I'm from Reading, so it's not that far in either direction, really.

I want to pick up a few comics, but I'm really hoping to find stuff like figures, statues and t-shirts of comics stuff...

Deadpool, you're gonna love LFCC if its anything like last year. Most of the stalls have figures and a good few have statues and busts. Plus, if you can't find what you want, theres a Forbidden Planet you can travel to near Lecister Square which is only a tube journey away fro Earl's Court.

I'm hoping to find some cheap SOTA Street Fighter figures. I got a Cammy figure for £5 last year so hoping to get something as decent this year.

Hey Squeezy_Weasel, are you a fan of Ashley Wood?

Deadpool, you're gonna love LFCC if its anything like last year. Most of the stalls have figures and a good few have statues and busts. Plus, if you can't find what you want, theres a Forbidden Planet you can travel to near Lecister Square which is only a tube journey away fro Earl's Court.

I'm hoping to find some cheap SOTA Street Fighter figures. I got a Cammy figure for £5 last year so hoping to get something as decent this year.

Hey Squeezy_Weasel, are you a fan of Ashley Wood?

Yikhai,

Haven't read any of Ashley Wood's stuff ( that i know of).

I've been reading Shaun of the Dead and Land of the Dead form IDW. My girlfriends been reading Transformers.

WIth regards to Image i've been reading Walking Dead. You've got to read it (if you haven't already).

Also into Army of Darkness by Dynamite.

the 'land of the dead' adap awful,but the art was ace!

got to get clive barkers 'great and secret show' adap,same artist...

just bought the latest ish of 'the ultimates',quite possibly the best issue of the entire run!

if you like comic books and good art,stop by the londonfanforce table and pick up some free flyers for a new fan produced star wars graphic novel coming soon.

...ish.

ashley wood is ace,by the way...

just bought the latest ish of 'the ultimates',quite possibly the best issue of the entire run!

if you like comic books and good art,stop by the londonfanforce table and pick up some free flyers for a new fan produced star wars graphic novel coming soon.

...ish.

I've been reading IDWs Transformers - really cool! Looking forward to the other series that they'll be following them up with.

Also loving the Ultimates - never really been an Avengers fan, but Ultimates are great.

Speaking of Star Wars, has anyone picked up any of Dark Horse's new Star Wars comics? Legacy is the latest one. Good stuff, I recommend it.

So where does everyone buy their comics from usually? I get mine from www.fireballcomics.com. I used to get mine from my local comic store, but they kept letting me down with my subscriptions, which really used to get on my nerves...

Squeezy Weasel, you may have seen Ashley Wood's art somewhere, he does alot of IDW books nowadays. Here's a sample:

mgsvariant.jpg

You seem like a Zombie fan. I don't read Zombie comics but I'm a big fan of Resident Evil (the game, not so much the movies)

In terms of comics, I'm more into the superhero nature and the direction Marvel are going with the political side is going well. I also read a lot of DC as well. On the Ultimate side, yeah, I definately picked up Ultimates #11, was a quick read but some major development, especially in the last few pages. Shame the other Ultimate miniseries is running as late as this.

I'll be stopping by the Londan Fan Force anyway. With the comic, is it one full continuous story or many mini stories? Ranging from the full SW era? I don't usually get SW comics apart from the adaptations but I did pick up Star Wars "PURGE" which I think was very well written.

I get my comics from a London store called "The Orbital" where one of my old classmates from Japanese class works. They have a rate for people who have over 20 titles on their standing order of £0.60 = $1 which isn't too bad.

...ish.

I've been reading IDWs Transformers - really cool! Looking forward to the other series that they'll be following them up with.

Also loving the Ultimates - never really been an Avengers fan, but Ultimates are great.

Speaking of Star Wars, has anyone picked up any of Dark Horse's new Star Wars comics? Legacy is the latest one. Good stuff, I recommend it.

So where does everyone buy their comics from usually? I get mine from www.fireballcomics.com. I used to get mine from my local comic store, but they kept letting me down with my subscriptions, which really used to get on my nerves...

Lydia (my girlfriend) has just started reading Star Wars: Legacy :vader: She says it looks as though its gonna be great! Try the Tag and Bink 2 part series VERY funny!!

We usually get comics from a local shop in Norwich. Sometimes buy older back issues on ebay.

Squeezy Weasel, you may have seen Ashley Wood's art somewhere, he does alot of IDW books nowadays. Here's a sample:

mgsvariant.jpg

You seem like a Zombie fan. I don't read Zombie comics but I'm a big fan of Resident Evil (the game, not so much the movies)

In terms of comics, I'm more into the superhero nature and the direction Marvel are going with the political side is going well. I also read a lot of DC as well. On the Ultimate side, yeah, I definately picked up Ultimates #11, was a quick read but some major development, especially in the last few pages. Shame the other Ultimate miniseries is running as late as this.

I'll be stopping by the Londan Fan Force anyway. With the comic, is it one full continuous story or many mini stories? Ranging from the full SW era? I don't usually get SW comics apart from the adaptations but I did pick up Star Wars "PURGE" which I think was very well written.

I get my comics from a London store called "The Orbital" where one of my old classmates from Japanese class works. They have a rate for people who have over 20 titles on their standing order of £0.60 = $1 which isn't too bad.

I'm a HUGE fan of anything zombie related (games, movies, comics any thing!) I think Walking Dead is one the best titles around at the moment and would recommend it to anybody.

I recognise the art work now! Pretty cool. What other titles are there from Ashley?

blimey,that's actually pretty good!

staz,who's doing your inks?

i hope they don't balls that up...

you've gone up tons in my estimations.

i absolutely love those pages.

was someone just asking about the star wars graphic novel i mentioned?

sorry,i was miles away... /cool staz johnson artwork...

anyway,it'll probably be a one-shot,as they always say to produce a one-off publication which is easier to promote and shift apparantly,in the world of small press publishing.

/cool staz johnson artwork...

blimey,that's actually pretty good!

staz,who's doing your inks?

i hope they don't balls that up...

you've gone up tons in my estimations.

i absolutely love those pages.

was someone just asking about the star wars graphic novel i mentioned?

sorry,i was miles away... /cool staz johnson artwork...

anyway,it'll probably be a one-shot,as they always say to produce a one-off publication which is easier to promote and shift apparantly,in the world of small press publishing.

/cool staz johnson artwork...

Was I pretty low down in you estimation originally then? :P

The inker on the Cable/Deadpool issues is Klaus (Daredevil, Dark Knight Returns)Janson, can't get better than that. :D

Edited by Staz Johnson

Those Cable/Deadpool pages are vey impressive. I stopped getting Cable/Deadpool at #23 but I may have to check out the Civil War tie-ins. Will definately be looking out for you, Staz. I need some insider info on CW :P

jamie1138, what period will the one-shot be set in?

Squeezy Weasel, Ashley Wood has done a lot of Spawn related books such as Sam and Twitch. Heres a link to a select pieces of art he has done:

http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/categ....php?cat_id=135

haha,no... staz... it's just that i'm one of those narrow-minded fanboy with attitude types who can't see past the end of their travis charest/adam hughes/dave dorman/bryan hitch/drew struzan obsessions.

you know,i must have taken in your artwork literally hundreds of times through previews and all the promo ads and stuff... and most of it has just gone over my head.

i'll certainly be paying more attention to your work from hereonin.

who's this klaus janson fella?

is he new?

what's that?

one of the most important and prolific inkers OF ALL TIME???

not just anybody,then...!

our star wars one-shot will be set post ROTJ.

but without any of the established EU characters or events...