Does anyone else think?

rickyparty

good so far but yeah, torchwood is ridiculously overdone.  and the banishment of the doctor and rose - why???

965549[/snapback]

It was a historical episode. In the Victorian era, they had only just overcome burning individuals at the stake for witchcraft! They were very, very religious and anything out of the ordinary, and to the extreme that The Doctor and Rose did, was considered to be against the Word of God - demonic, as it were. You have to think like a Victorian. The things that they were doing - how they handled the situation - their "powers" - it's all very alien, and the fact that, like the Queen pointed out, they were enjoying the experience so much must have been highly dissorientating and disturbing. I would have done the same, given her position and position of power.

965588[/snapback]

I'd have to say that actually, the Victorians were a lot more into the "occult" than people give them credit for...Spriritalism was very popular amongst women in the nineteenth centuary. They were obsessed with the supernatural, fairies, ghost & vampires ( Dracula was published in the late Victorian erea). So I'm not sure if your statement applies, though I would suggest that any encounter with the supernatural would freak anyone, whether if was today or in the 19th century.

Finaly...here's a bit of random info for you as well, Witches were never burnt in England, where the favourite mathod of execution was hanging. :D