Star Tek XI... Confirmed...?

Purple Cheese Monkey

I've just read a report on joblo about the next movie, I wont go on, but please click the link and let me know what you think.

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=11076

Just noticed that I forgot the 'R' in the 'Trek' in the topic title. Oops!  :poki:

962512[/snapback]

I wasn't able to find anything about the movie on the site you mentioned, must just be me but anyway here goes.

This might be of some more help to people wondering about the movie StarTrek.com page on the movie

Sounds ok, although I'm wondering if it is really gona happen, with all these rumours of movies having gona around for the last 2/3 years or more, that were never more then just rumours.

Hey thats not to say I'm not hopeful about this good news of a new ST movie.

:wub:

LLAP :borg:

The link I left pretty much says the same thing as on the link you left.

I dont think that they should still stay in the past of the trek universe as Enterprise didnt really do that well.

Although I like it as a stand alone show, it seemed to just copy alot of storylines from the rest of the Trek series' and also seemed to contradict alot of the Trek history too.

I think alot of fans will not like someone else playing the idol's of Kirk & Spock. Although I can see Nimoy and 'The Shatner' playing members of their characters own family...

There have been lots of rumours since Enterprise first aired about a new film being made that is set after Ent' and before TOS... mainly a film about the Romulan War.

I read an article that Tom Hanks was interested in having a Star Trek movie role!?!

We'll just have to wait and see... Star Trek will be back...

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think that they should still stay in the past of the trek universe as Enterprise didnt really do that well.

964007[/snapback]

agreed - when i heard i thought 'haven't they learned that they don't do prequels too well?!?!?!'

i'll wait for the download. i'll not pay money for it on the basis of how poor i thought their last prequel was.

964007[/snapback]

agreed - when i heard i thought 'haven't they learned that they don't do prequels too well?!?!?!'

i'll wait for the download. i'll not pay money for it on the basis of how poor i thought their last prequel was.

968497[/snapback]

Can someone tell me what the name was of that Voyager episode where, they end up going back to earth in the past, and then seeing this guy from the 29th century or something, I wish they would go to the 29th century.

Dont they have time travel in the 29th century, think they could do a lot with that in itself as a story line.

Hope this makes sense?

:WAVE:

964007[/snapback]

968497[/snapback]

Can someone tell me what the name was of that Voyager episode where, they end up going back to earth in the past, and then seeing this guy from the 29th century or something, I wish they would go to the 29th century.

Dont they have time travel in the 29th century, think they could do a lot with that in itself as a story line.

Hope this makes sense?

:WAVE:

971529[/snapback]

Sounds like the 3rd Season Episode "Futures End"

Good Episode!!!!!!!

Maybe doing a new series set far in the future of trek that we all know, like you say, the 29th, could be a good idea.

But then it might get a bit boring if its all based on time traveling episodes (as im kinda thinking a quantum leap meets star trek thing here).

Also, if a future-future series were to made, it'd have to be very different, they cant just have the same old aliens as they did in Enterprise. Being in the future, maybe things would be different... no more Borg... peace with Romulans/Klingons/Dominion etc... a happier Trek...

I dunno... ramble, ramble... :WAVE:

to be honest, the whole idea of time travel in the future sounds very similar to Enterprise... :lol:

for me, it would have to be done with the same as the rest of the Treks - occasional episodes, with some kind of canonically correct storyline :clap:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey BluebizzieB,

Thanks for the heads-up on that one, I'll have to remember that one as I've never really seen much of the Original Series. I grew up with TNG and the Movies, so I always thought TOS was too old looking. But 15 or so years on, I now have a new respect from where 'my' Star Trek came from.

Go Kirk, you battle those rubber suited Monster Aliens and save the near naked, Hot, Alien Babes! :P

I am recording ALL the episodes onto dvd-rs and printing off DVD labels and dvd covers and so far it looks very smart, i am getting ready for this, so far i have done seasons 1+2 dvd labels and covers.

sci-fi uk is THE BEST channel in the world, go check them out www.sci-fiuk.com

I am on their forum under the title sci-figeek.

Edited by BluebizzieB

I am recording ALL the episodes onto dvd-rs and printing off DVD labels and dvd covers and so far it looks very smart, i am getting ready for this, so far i have done seasons 1+2 dvd labels and covers.

sci-fi uk is THE BEST channel in the world, go check them out www.sci-fiuk.com

I am on their forum under the title sci-figeek.

I must admit that I don't really watch much of the Sci-fi Channel, there always seems to be just repeats on.

I'll have to check the site, as you say, maybe I'll find something that peeks my interest!?!

If I join their forum, I'll look out for you :dance: