The Oscars 2006

theoden_of_rohan

I watched it ALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

And got up 2 hours later for work! *is hardcore*

Anyway...

A bit disappointed that Crash won best picture...I like it, but would have preferred it to go elsewhere to be honest! Probably got the attention because of the subject matter though!

Really pleased with most of the others though...especially Gusatavo Santaolalla winning for best original score (Brokeback Mountain) :wub:

Oh, and I'm really happy for Rachel Weisz! Yay :D

One of my highlights was Ben Stiller though haha! It cracked me and Tara up (probably more than it should have done) :lol::P

Surprised that Crash won, but then again tough to predict on who would win.

Yay for Rachel Weisz, she looked fab and congrats to Reese Witherspoon, she played a good part in Walk the Line. Disappointed that Jaoquin Phoenix didn't win :P But was a deserving performance by Phillip Seymor Hoffman.

Very odd that a rap song won best original song though, looks like times are changing with the voting?

I rooted for Crash but honestly expected Brokeback Mountain to get it. So I let out a huge applaude when Jack Nicholson said Crash!!

Most of the people/films etc that I wanted to win won. I am so happy Reese Witherspoon won - I think she is fab. Was a bit worried during her speech - thought she was going to do a Gwenny, but luckilly she just went squeeky with no tears.

I love Jon Stewart -- I hope he is invited again to host them. For the first time on TV, I think that man was a little bit nervous. But he was still good and threw out some good punches.

The rap song - hmm very strange. None of the songs stood out for me. But I liked Jon Stewarts dig at the Academy Board about giving the rap band an Oscar, but ignoring Martin Scorsese all these years.

I rooted for Crash but honestly expected Brokeback Mountain to get it.  So I let out a huge applaude when Jack Nicholson said Crash!!

Most of the people/films etc that I wanted to win won.  I am so happy Reese Witherspoon won - I think she is fab.  Was a bit worried during her speech - thought she was going to do a Gwenny, but luckilly she just went squeeky with no tears.

I love Jon Stewart -- I hope he is invited again to host them.  For the first time on TV, I think that man was a little bit nervous.  But he was still good and threw out some good punches.

The rap song - hmm very strange.  None of the songs stood out for me.  But I liked Jon Stewarts dig at the Academy Board about giving the rap band an Oscar, but ignoring Martin Scorsese all these years.

933870[/snapback]

Yeah Reese looked fab and so glad she won. Jon Stewart was fab (from what I seen of the oscars) Hope they do bring him back and the little dig at the board for awarding the rap group and oscar was good. Poor Scorses, he must feel cheated still.

One of my highlights was Ben Stiller though haha! It cracked me and Tara up (probably more than it should have done)  :(  :lol:

933829[/snapback]

Me too! :( It was f*cking brilliant.

Jon Stewart was fantastic.

Go Crash! :wub:

Erm..what else? Reese Witherspoon is so adorable!

I wish I'd seen these.....are they on telly any other time ever? :lol:

934506[/snapback]

Don't know if you've got Sky Fliss but they're on right now, for another 2 hours I think, Sky Movies 3......... otherwise I've videod it if you want to borrow? :lol: