Star Wars Wish List!

Adam

Obi,

I would have emailed this to you but the address is at home. Go to http://www.christopherleeweb.com/.

The annoying thing is that he is only signing copies of his own DVD and nothing else

Darryl

Okay cheers.

I've got his signature quite a few times on books, my Episode II DVD and 3 Count Dooku pics, but never on a Dracula pic, but if he's only signing his own DVD I'm not sure I'll bother.

Thanks for the info anyway!

Obi-Wan :yoda:

Christopher Lee is hardly realistic is he....

Dave

I don't see why not.

I've met Christopher at signings plenty of times. The photos are on my pictures site to prove it. To my knowledge Christopher has signed for the Cinema Store twice, and once for Forbidden Planet, as well as doing an instore book signing for Borders (I think).

So it's not unrealistic to assume that he could be persuaded to attend Collectormania.

Yes the Borders one did happen for his book signing.

Lots of people want him at a future CM but my only feeling is that yes its always possible, but I can't really picture him doing a full day and certainly not 2 or 3 days.

The store signings as you know are for a limited time - although it sure felt like I'd been Qing for about a week lol. And usually to promote a current product like new DVD or book

Maybe the only way they could convince him to do it would be if it was for a set time period, say 2 hours or so, and have advance tickets for meeting him. To limit the numbers to ticket only.

Don't get me wrong, thats not how I'd prefer it - rather he did 4 full days for everyone of course.

But realistically speaking, maybe the only way to get him would be to make some special arrangements just for him.

Lots would miss out of course as it would be 1st come 1st served for getting tickets in advance, so bound to be some very happy and some less so. But that may be only way.

It wouldn't really do Showmasters much good as they'd make less money - unless the price was lot dearer than usual - but they'd get lots of publicity about getting him at all.

Lots of people want him at a future CM but my only feeling is that yes its always possible, but I can't really picture him doing a full day and certainly not 2 or 3 days.

The store signings as you know are for a limited time - although it sure felt like I'd been Qing for about a week lol. And usually to promote a current product like new DVD or book

Maybe the only way they could convince him to do it would be if it was for a set time period, say 2 hours or so, and have advance tickets for meeting him. To limit the numbers to ticket only.

Don't get me wrong, thats not how I'd prefer it - rather he did 4 full days for everyone of course.

But realistically speaking, maybe the only way to get him would be to make some special arrangements just for him.

Lots would miss out of course as it would be 1st come 1st served for getting tickets in advance, so bound to be some very happy and some less so. But that may be only way.

It wouldn't really do Showmasters much good as they'd make less money - unless the price was lot dearer than usual - but they'd get lots of publicity about getting him at all.

Yeah, all good points. When you weigh it up it may not be worth getting him to attend if it creates negative feed back for the show.

You're right Christopher does only sign for limited periods at a time, at least he has everytime I've met him, so maybe the overwhelming crowds that are bound to be drawn by his presence are not really for him.

I guess we'll have to see what happens.

All the best

Yeah time will tell.

As you say, the crowds for him at the 'anyone can come' type signings are massive - obviously because he has so much appeal to so many different collectors, Bond, horror, and now SW and LOTR.

Can't blame him at his age if he prefers to limit the times, or to do a 'ticket and buy product in advance' type event like the upcoming London one, to control it a bit.

By way, you mentioned you hadn't got a Dracula signed pic - am I right in saying that he specifically doesn't sign Dracula pics anymore, like Gillian A won't sign X Files.

I'm not sure on that one. He didn't have any restrictions on what he signed when I met him at the Cinema Store in November last year, and I'm quite certain there were people with Dracula pictures there for sale.

At the time I just wanted as much Count Dooku stuff signed as possible, so I took 2 8x10's and an AOTC DVD.

Ah right. I was at the CS Notts signing and I couldn't remember anyone having any Hammer stuff signed - like you I was concentrating on getting SW.

I remember some fans were bit mad that he would only personalise. I prefer personalised but obviously lots don't and they felt they should have had the choice. Others said they found him a bit unfriendly.

I was OK with him, how did you feel he was with people.

I really want to go to the London meeting with Mr Lee but it will be an expensive trip,£10 for the film and talk (Which is great) £20 for the dvd signing (Ouch- not too bad) £15 train fare. I will have to make up my mind quick, i have been a fan of his for a long time.

Yeah, all good points. When you weigh it up it may not be worth getting him to attend if it creates negative feed back for the show.

You're right Christopher does only sign for limited periods at a time, at least he has everytime I've met him, so maybe the overwhelming crowds that are bound to be drawn by his presence are not really for him.

I guess we'll have to see what happens.

All the best

Obi-Wan :angry:

Lol, it really isnt very realistic Obi!

Ive only met him once in Europe when he was doing a signing for an autograph company. Got my AOTC figure signed :)

Ah right. I was at the CS Notts signing and I couldn't remember anyone having any Hammer stuff signed - like you I was concentrating on getting SW.

I remember some fans were bit mad that he would only personalise. I prefer personalised but obviously lots don't and they felt they should have had the choice. Others said they found him a bit unfriendly.

I found he was great. He was having a chat with me about EPIII and how much he was looking forward to going back to Australia and seeing how the story would connect once it was all complete.

He signed 4 items for me - EP2 DVD, 2 x Dooku photos and a Hammer book about Bray Studios. He looked at it all, smiled at me and said 'You must be very rich!' at which I commented 'I wish' and he laughed. He then agreed to pose for a photograph for me.

http://groups.msn.com/ObiWansCelebrityPhot...elebrities.msnw

I would have asked for one with him, but as I was first in a very long queue I decided it was best not to.

However, as I was leaving I did hear the guy behind me argue with Christopher that he didn't want his stuff personalised, but Christopher was insistant.

At no time did I find him unfriendly, but faced with these kind of persistant and argumentative fans you can imagine it might annoy him somewhat.

Obi-Wan :D

Lol, it really isnt very realistic Obi!

Ive only met him once in Europe when he was doing a signing for an autograph company. Got my AOTC figure signed :)

What isn't very realistic? Getting him to attend C4?

As I've said before. I don't see why not as he does do signings as can be verified from the posts on this thread. (At least 3-4 in the last 18 months)

However, as also explained, there could be limitations that he may set in place that might not suit the needs of Showmasters or the fans and therefore this may lead to negative feedback for the show organisers and for Mr Lee himself. (We must remember that he is almost 81 - next Tuesday in fact - and a show like this may be too much for him)

So getting him to attend C4 to sign is not unrealistic, it's just that there may these limitations put in place and repurcussions stemming from that.

So what I've been saying is true...from a certain point of view :D

I found he was great. He was having a chat with me about EPIII and how much he was looking forward to going back to Australia and seeing how the story would connect once it was all complete.

He signed 4 items for me - EP2 DVD, 2 x Dooku photos and a Hammer book about Bray Studios. He looked at it all, smiled at me and said 'You must be very rich!' at which I commented 'I wish' and he laughed. He then agreed to pose for a photograph for me.

http://groups.msn.com/ObiWansCelebrityPhot...elebrities.msnw

I would have asked for one with him, but as I was first in a very long queue I decided it was best not to.

However, as I was leaving I did hear the guy behind me argue with Christopher that he didn't want his stuff personalised, but Christopher was insistant.

At no time did I find him unfriendly, but faced with these kind of persistant and argumentative fans you can imagine it might annoy him somewhat.

Yeah I found him to be fine with me too. Nice quick chat and so on. I think he has a bit of a 6th sense in telling whos a true fan, who knows a bit more about his whole career. He seems to be more responsive then. Especially because I was mentioning some of his lesser known work. I liked him, but it's very true that he must get a bit put off with some fans. Hey, we would too in those circumstances lol.

Whenever I'm at a show I always find that the guests have been as polite to me as I am with them. I'd never think to cause an argument unless they themselves did something rude first. Thankfully thats never happened to me in years of going to signings. It is enlightening though to read message boards and see that some things don't always work out for fans -- like how some seemed to not have a good time with Lou F at C3. I didn't get his autog but seems from reading on here that some didn't enjoy meeting him, while others did.

But with SW I've found them all to be very nice to meet.