Halloween Producer Dies...

Rockybalboa

From the Halloween website...

"In the wake of the recent terrorist bombings in Jordan, we are absolutely devastated to confirm the passing of Moustapha Akkad and his daughter, Rima Akkad Monla. We extend our heartfelt appreciation for all of the supportive emails and phone calls, and we will post more information on the website when we can. For detailed information on this terrible loss, please visit this link

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051111/ap_en_mo/obit_akkad

He has been the driving force behind the Halloween franchise from the very beginning and has been responsible in many ways for making Michael Myers the movie legend that he is today.

Sometimes, it perhaps need the death of someone like Mr Akkad to really bring home the senseless nature of these types of attacks.

I hope that there is another Halloween movie and dedicated to him in the future.

Cowardly attacks like this do nothing for their cause, and only I suspect make the rest of us more determined to carry on our daily lives, our interests, our passions and protect what is important to our freedom and way of life.

He has been the driving force behind the Halloween franchise from the very beginning and has been responsible in many ways for making Michael Myers the movie legend that he is today.

Sometimes, it perhaps need the death of someone like Mr Akkad to really bring home the senseless nature of these types of attacks.

I hope that there is another Halloween movie and dedicated to him in the future.

Cowardly attacks like this do nothing for their cause, and only I suspect make the rest of us more determined to carry on our daily lives, our interests, our passions and protect what is important to our freedom and way of life.

894048[/snapback]

Yes, they say that his sons will carry on his work, so I assume that means they will carry on with the upcoming Halloween film.