Crew....

nyhobbit79

I have just put my name forward for LFACC 2006.

Thought I had better find out what you guys actually do.

Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers, Avril

885087[/snapback]

I think the best way to put what we do, is hrmmm. Run, Sit, Stand, Talk, Drink, Eat, Drink, and Party.

A

I think that my learned colleague has been a little too concise!

Basically, we do whatever is needed to make sure that people who visit a show have a good time. This can involve;

Sitting with guests

Taking cash for guests

Handing out the virtual queue tickets

Keeping whiteboards up to date

Running the talks

Running the party

Running the trailer theatre

Running

Helping people at the info desk

Organising the guests green room

and any thing else that the management decide!

It does involve long days and a lot of hard work. You are not guaranteed to sit next to a guest, or even someone you like. You may end up very tired, very exhausted with every muscle crying out for rest having dealt with angry fans doing a job you hate. But...if you are fan of films and are willing to be very flexible you will find that the crew is a great team who work very very hard together.

There is a Star Wars forum that says that they "will blow up a planet to make you laugh". The crew has yet to do anything so extreme, but after what they have done, I would not put it past them!

Paul

We have a hell of a lot of fun but it can be thankless at some points, but you do feel like you've really done something by the end of...good experience too if you want to improve people skills etc :)

Whatever job you end up with always has a tremendous amount of responsibility but don't let that out you off :)