Photographers wanted for experiment...

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Actually, it's not scary at all. Sorry!

I just need someone who has a 35mm camera to try a double exposure experiment, preferably someone who lives some distance away from me so the shots look different.

What I want to do is for both of us to shoot a roll of ordinary film (35mm) and then rewind it and send it to the other person who then loads it into their camera and re-shoots it. Hopefully what we both end up with is some funky double exposure shots. Or possibly just a big mess. Who knows! That's part of the fun of it!

So if anyone wants to join in put your hands up and I'll try to arrange something.

Andrea

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

Don't worry Davey, if there's more than 1 person wants to do it we can do multiple swapsies! Or we could just do it anyway!

And we want to do it 'cos it's fun and we could end up with something like this:

UL_845977_11009951171_l.jpg

(Not my pic!)

Or this:

UL_855175_11158521712_x.jpg

(My first attempt)

Andrea

id do it. i dunno bout my camera though, because when it rewinds, the end of the film strip goes totally inside the plastic thingie and to put a film in it i need to have the end bit out to put across the teeth thingies :headscratch:

i hope you know what thingies are :unsure: lol

Edited by kirsty_

• Showmasters Admin

If you're very careful when you rewind your film you can stop it just before it goes all the way into the cannister. If you rewind it slowly you can feel when it goes slack (when the end of the film comes off the hook on the other side of the camera) and if you stop winding immediately you can usually keep a bit of the film sticking out of the cannister.

Andrea

If you're very careful when you rewind your film you can stop it just before it goes all the way into the cannister. If you rewind it slowly you can feel when it goes slack (when the end of the film comes off the hook on the other side of the camera) and if you stop winding immediately you can usually keep a bit of the film sticking out of the cannister.

Andrea

855131[/snapback]

it rewinds automatically though.:unsure: hmm ill have a butchers see if theres something that could stop it

Spooky!

If we all just start taking photos now and we can sort out who's swapping with who when we're finished. I've already started with some very random pics in Nandos last night!

Andrea

855327[/snapback]

YOU WENT TO NANDOS!!! :lol: