Two minutes silence

Cher2a

was anybody directly affected by the events of last week?

:lol:

Apart from those of us who worried about family members in London

Have compassion enough enough to feel sympathy for those who have lost a son/daughter, mother/father, brother/sister

Those of us who are now worried for the future.

:huh:

I didn't know if any of my beloved forum dwellers had been caught-up in it.

...not that I secretly love you all.

:P

Nah, as far as can be told, us geeks are all safe and accounted for.

Thank God...

i did know there was gonna be 2 min silence till you txt me

thank you *hug*

No worries. I text everyone in my phone book (not many people, then! Lolz) just in case. It was all very last minute, so it's not anything to be ashamed of, not knowing.

Either way the two min silence was optional and not compulsory. So those who chose not to take part we have to respect as much as those who did.

That's the way it went down here in work. We can't just stop here, not even for 2 mins, so some people carried on working. We respected that by not glaring at them or tutting and sighing in their direction.

Either way the two min silence was optional and not compulsory. So those who chose not to take part we have to respect as much as those who did.

That's the way it went down here in work. We can't just stop here, not even for 2 mins, so some people carried on working. We respected that by not glaring at them or tutting and sighing in their direction.

Yeah, I totally agree.

When me and mum stood in the street holding hands, a car went past, and she gave it the evil eye and placed to fingers in the air sybolising the two minutes. The driver looked confuzzled. Lolz. They probably didn't know. It was all very last minute. I wouldn't know, if Kiss 100 (radio station) didn't mention it all day, leading up to it.

She also shushed a goer by, having a go at him, saying he was being disrespectful. I wanted to defend the poor soandso, and tell her to not force him, but I wanted to stay silent.

You can't force people to do it. Everyone is entitled, and like you say, not everyone CAN stop - not even for two minutes.

Everyone shows respect in their own way, and people need to understand that.

Edited by Cher2a

I thought the idea was that we wouldn't let this stop us as well... So maybe they should have organised a 2 min shout and scream. ;)

Wow - that would cause nation wide throat ache! Lolz.

I think the fact that the entirety of Europe took part was the point that they were trying to get across, though. Not just Londoners or UK residents.

It's a very valid point, though.

Yeah but it would be fun!

But I guess in the words of Bill Bailey: "I am british and as such crave disappointment..." Any chance to be defiant and patriotic would totally go against anything we as British would believe in! Heaven forbid we should "Always look on the bright side of life..." !!

We should smile, be happy, get on with life... not dwell and be morbid about the whole affair.

This after all is my opinion, so don't start slating it thanks. :(

I wont slate it at all.

Everyone handles it differently, like I say.

You obviously have your way of handling it, and me mine, etc.

Noone should slate anyone else for their handling, or anything.

'twasn't a personal dig, just you kinda have to cover your back in this forum as every one likes to act "God" here. And personal opinions seem to get quashed alot!

No worries, I knew it wasn't aimed at me. Just had to show you my support.

I was silent during the 2 mins silence because i was reading. I didn't know it was happening.

I personally had several close friends in London and traveling on the tubes at the time the bombs went off. Thankfully none of them were physically hurt but they were shaken. However they have picked themselves up and carried on. Im no longer troubled by it.

I agree with Smaug. We need to concentrate on the good facts. How few people actually died, the excellence of the emergency services, the amazing way the british people have dealt with the event. By quitly mourning the dead and continuing with thier lives.

I've never felt so patriotic and proud to be british was when i saw the stories about how well this situation was delt with by the amulence, fire and police serives and the pictures of normal people having the courage to help those who had bee hurt.

Remeber, the bus driver and Tavastok (sp?) square has gone back to work, as did so as soon as he was alowed. We should not let this interferre with our lives, thats what the terrorists want! Unless you still have friends and family missing, or have had a loss because the the events in London, i believe it is time to move on.

I dont wan to cause offence, but this is what i believe.

was anybody directly affected by the events of last week?

Apart from those of us who worried about family members in London

Have compassion enough enough to feel sympathy for those who have lost a son/daughter, mother/father, brother/sister

Those of us who are now worried for the future.

I didn't know if any of my beloved forum dwellers had been caught-up in it.

...not that I secretly love you all.

Nah, as far as can be told, us geeks are all safe and accounted for.

woah, speak for yourself!