wrestling shows in u.k

fugaziuk

just thought i would tell you guys about these (if you didn't already know)

two big indie hows happening in the u.k in the latter half of the year:

We are very proud to announce a New Beginning for Professional wrestling in the UK, with the formation of 1PW: 1 Pro Wrestling, who present their debut show on Saturday October 1st at the Dome in Doncaster

1PW will bring to the UK the Top Wrestlers from the US, including main event superstars from TNA and Ring of Honor.

We pride ourselves on bringing to the UK wrestlers who fans would rarely, if ever, get a chance to see live.

Our debut show is titled A Twist of Fate.

We are very happy to announce that Matt Hardy will make his first ever non WWE wrestling appearance at 1PW A Twist of Fate, and his first UK wrestling appearance since leaving the WWE this Spring. Hardy has remained in the fans hearts since his WWE departure, as fans still chant " We Want Matt " at live WWE events.  Well Matt Hardy cant wait to come over to the UK and share a special evening with his UK fans at A Twist of Fate.

Matts opponent for the show?  TNA's monster Abyiss!  This will be the UK wrestling debut for the masked big man who has terrorised the ranks of TNA.

After the recent events in Matt's personal life he's dedicated himself to refocusing his efforts on his in-ring career, and is actively accepting challenges from the biggest and best in the world today. And they don't get much bigger than 6'8" 350 lb. Abyss. Not only one of the most intimidating and ruthless individuals in wrestling today, Abyss has spent most of early 2005 targeting Matt's brother Jeff in TNA, even going as far as the Black Hole Slam Hardy into a pile of thumbtacks. Jeff was never able to avenge that savage beating, however with brother Matt fighting with plenty of inner rage, and in fornt of his passionate UK fans, he may just be the one who can topple the monster.

One further match has been signed thus far for the show; Raven VS Sandman: First time in the UK. This match was signed by 1PW officials for our debut show at the request of both Raven and Sandman. Both superstars are sadistically waiting in anticipation of this match, to tear down the house, along with each other, in the UK.

One recurring theme this year has been the re-interest and re-birth of sorts of ECW -Extreme Championship Wrestling - in the form of 2 reunion shows held in the northeast United States. These shows have brought back many memories, some fond and some not so fond, of fans and wrestlers alike and has provided the chance for many men to reflect back on any possible unfinished business they may have had in that promotion. When you think of major rivalries in ECW, the Raven/Sandman saga has to come to mind. One of the most personal grudges of all time, Raven dared cross the proverbial line, bringing Sandman's wife and young son Tyler into his nest of followers, leaving Sandman for the first time in his career, emotionally destroyed and helpless. Although Sandman and his family eventually reconciled, the bad blood between he and Raven remained, and even spilled into WCW & TNA in later years. Now, 1PW brings to you, the most high-profile ECW feud NOT to be relived at either nostalgia show, as the Sandman battles Raven in a No-Disqualification Match for the first time in the UK! Sandman and Raven just can't resist tearing into each other one more time

1PW officials have also signed more exciting world class superstars for the show, including Ring of Honor World Champion Austin Aries, TNA's X Division superstar Chris Sabin and UK high flyer Jonny Storm. 

Matches involving these superstars and others, will be announced over the coming weeks.

A Twist of Fate will be being recorded for a future home DVD release.

Tickets go on Sale Monday June 13th. They will be available by calling the 1PW ticket line on 01302 367525, or on line at www.1upgames.co.uk

1PW's web site launches this Saturday June 11th at www.1p-w.com

Steve corino, low-ki and blue meanie have recentley been added to this show aswell.

FIRST TWO MAJOR NAMES SIGNED FOR SUPERSHOW II

He is the hottest free agent on the US independent scene - and he is coming to Coventry Skydome.

Matt Hardy has signed a contract to wrestle at The Wrestling Supershow II: Universal Uproar on Saturday, November 12 in a move that will surely delight his legions of UK fans.

The former WWE Tag Team Champion and Cruiserweight Champion is a cult figure on the wrestling scene and can't wait to return to the UK.

Now known as the 'Angelic Diablo', Matt Hardy feels he has something to prove and is itching to put on a show-stopping performance at Universal Uproar.

Also signed for Universal Uproar - the man who main evented the very first UK Wrestling Supershow is coming back by popular demand.

Current NWA Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles tore down the Coventry Skydome at International Showdown last March when he and Christopher Daniels had one of the matches of 2005 .

Now 'The Phenomenal One' will bring his amazing athleticism to The Wrestling Supershow II: Universal Uproar on Saturday November 12, once again at the 3,500-seater Skydome.

Matt Hardy and AJ Styles are the first of many international and UK names we will be announcing for Universal Uproar over the coming weeks.

Event organisers promise that Universal Uproar will be even bigger than International Showdown, featuring more overseas stars, more matches and a much bigger fan convention.

i usually goes to these sorts of shows rather than the wwe house shows we get over here. if you can afford it seriousley give it a go.

At most of them they have a fan slam event where you can meet all the wrestlers - thanks to these events i have met mick foley, terry funk, a.j styles, chris daniels, raven, c.m punk etc etc

The matches are usually much better quality than at wwe shows and the atmosphere is great.

so like i said give one of them a go and you will not be dissapointed trust me!

Edited by Donatello

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

just an update an these two shows:

mick foley, jamie noble, austin aries +homicide have been added to the nov coventry show.

jodie fliesch has been added to the donnie show in october- this is very good news!! in my opinion he is the greatest british wrestler at the moment - he puts rey mesterio to shame with his excellent high flying thats for sure!

just an update an these two shows:

mick foley, jamie noble, austin aries +homicide have been added to the nov coventry show.

jodie fliesch has been added to the donnie show in october- this is very good news!! in my opinion he is the greatest british wrestler at the moment - he puts rey mesterio to shame with his excellent high flying thats for sure!

Cheers for the update pal I looked on the site about the Coventry show and couldn't see it mentioned on there, is it on a different site or something??

Also do you know if they are doing a meet the fans part?

they prob haven't updated the site yet - they make the announcements in the daily star on sats. there are two big names gonna be announced soon for the coventry show. i reackon it will be a big japanese name + pos another former wwe wrestler.

i imagine there will be some sorta fan slam for both of the shows. at international showdown it was rammed!! still managed to meet a.j,foley,chris daniels, raven, c.m punk +some more!

Thanks to the guys at WrestleMag.com for the following:

WWE will soon be announcing full information on the next European tour, including on-sale dates. RAW and Smackdown! will take place on November 21 and 22 respectively at the Hallam FM Arena in Sheffield, England, with a further fourteen dates in the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe expected to be announced. Several of these shows will take place in venues that WWE haven’t visited for a long time, or have never previously visited at all.

god i really am gonna have no money whatsoever!! the doncaster show, coventry show, collectormania, and now raw + smackdown 15 min drive from my house!!! this is gonna be the best end of year ever!!! plus eminem +kt tunstall in sept +oct!!

Well I will be up for the Coventry show I wanted to attend to the last one (i think it was about March / April at the beging of the year) but couldn't afford it so fingers crossed. Was the fan slam held at Jumping Jacks at the last event?

even more updates on the two indie shows ( for those of you who don't know):

Doncaster Dome October matches so far :

matt Hardy v Abyss , Raven V Sandman, Chris Sabin + Low-ki V Jodie fliesch + johnny storm, Austin Aries V Doug Williams, Steve Corino V Al Snow + more to be announced.

(this looking better +better each day!!! best of brits V best of yanks!)

Coventry Universal Uproar November show:

Rhyno has been added to the list of names to appear!

even more updates on the two indie shows ( for those of you who don't know):

Doncaster Dome October matches so far :

matt Hardy v Abyss , Raven V Sandman, Chris Sabin + Low-ki V Jodie fliesch + johnny storm, Austin Aries V Doug Williams, Steve Corino V Al Snow + more to be announced.

(this looking better +better each day!!! best of brits V best of yanks!)

Coventry Universal Uproar November show:

Rhyno has been added to the list of names to appear!

Cool I can only make the Coventry one does anyone know if the website has been updated for the Coventry one yet? If so can you post the link?

Thanks

No one knows yet. He's honouring his ROH date, so anything's possible .. but we'll just have to wait n see to what extent WWE carry on this "anti-WWE" Matt thing.

Thanks Dave I think Ill prob still go anyway but would have been cool to see Matt!

No one knows yet. He's honouring his ROH date, so anything's possible .. but we'll just have to wait n see to what extent WWE carry on this "anti-WWE" Matt thing.

i would imagine that matt has signed a contract with 1pw and will have to honour his date at the doncaster show otherwise they can sue him +wwe. unless they have been dumb enough to get him on a verbal agreement which i doubt they would be stupid enough to do after the fiasco cause by an indie show a few years ago in the u.k

Does anyone know if you can buy tickets for the Slamfan event in coventry online? If so can someone please provide the link I have tried to find it on the webpage but can only see stuff to buy the tickets for the wrestling event!

PLEASE HELP!! :D