JACKSON JURY HAVE REACHED VERDICT!

Dom

although iam no fan of wacko - a lot of the evidence did show that the kids mother had tried getting money from other people before under false pretenses. also the boys story didn't really stand up when compared with his original statements. plus there were a lot of people in their camp telling the story different ways.

Perhaps this thread should have a warning in the description stating that it may distress some people because of it's refferences to child mollestation...

Then you'd have to issue a warning before every news bullet-in for the next week!

Perhaps this thread should have a warning in the description stating that it may distress some people because of it's refferences to child mollestation...

Then you'd have to issue a warning before every news bullet-in for the next week!

Yeah, I spose! Still...

the boys story didn't really stand up when compared with his original statements.

If you were a child of that age, and you had been through that... Would you want to remember the details clearly and perfectly? And would you be able to talk about it constantly, or even as frequently as this boy/these boys had to?..

Just saying...

Oh, and by the way - I didn't mean to offend any MJ fans out there, at all. I personally don't have an opinion on the matter, and was simply moving with the flow of the debate.

Edited by Cher2a

although iam no fan of wacko - a lot of the evidence did show that the kids mother had tried getting money from other people before under false pretenses. also the boys story didn't really stand up when compared with his original statements. plus there were a lot of people in their camp telling the story different ways.

Yeah, but the kid was a thirteen year old with attitude difficulties following a difficult time combating cancer. As someone who's done a bit of counselling (thankfully for nothing anywhere near as serious as this), it's often hard to open up and be honest about stuff that's happened, espcially if you don't feel comfy and 'safe'... so it's no real surprise his story changed, depending on who was interviewing him. This kind of thing has to be embarassing and denial is one of the stages of dealing with trauma.

As for his mother.. sure she's flaky.... she let her son stay with Jackson after all! That said, I'm guessing she's not the sharpest tool in the box and she was grilled on teh stand for 5 days by one of the best defence lawyers in the US.... is it any wonder her testimony was taken apart and she was made to look stupid?

Oh, a controversial topic.

Its a shame that someone who ONCE made some good music will now be remembered for dangling babies over balconies, plastic surgery, being much whiter, sleeping in the same bed as young boys, and now this trial. Not exactly the CV of someone well adjusted, is it? Im sure a lot of people who 'do wrong' have had maladjusted childhoods, not really an excuse though, is it?

There are only a handful of people who will ever know exactly what happened, we can only guess. Lets not fall out over it, eh?

Im not reading 2 pages of guff.

This is simple.

12 men and women heard all the evidence, and made an impartial verdict.

They say 'not guilty' then the evidence suggested so.

How someone who has seen a few minutes of TV news on it can claim that money has bought freedom etc. makes me laugh. You know NOTHING about the case and think youre informed.

And for the record, I think his music is s***.

Im not reading 2 pages of guff.

This is simple.

12 men and women heard all the evidence, and made an impartial verdict.

They say 'not guilty' then the evidence suggested so.

How someone who has seen a few minutes of TV news on it can claim that money has bought freedom etc. makes me laugh. You know NOTHING about the case and think youre informed.

And for the record, I think his music is s***.

Millions of dollars buys a VERY good defence team... a good lawyer is PAID to influence a jury... it's not a giant leap to suggest that the more you pay, the more a jury is swayed (note, I'm not suggesting they paid the jury).

Not only that, but the defence only have to prove that there is 'reasonable doubt'.... meaning that if the jurer suspects the prosecuted might be guilty, but there is a HINT of doubt in their mind, they must return a not guilty vcerdict.

As for your comment about 'someone who has seen a few minutes of TV news', you've no idea who I am, or how much time I've spent following the trial.. you've just jumped to a conclusion... hmm.. a pattern.

++edit++

Hmm.. you think 2 pages is too much to read to come to a balanced and fair opinion....

Edited by chris_mk

Lolz!

There are some really good points you guys are all making. I don't think that anyone will ever be certain, though, in terms of members of the public - you can draw your own conclusions, but you cannot say that you know for certain. Simple as.

On the "MJ could have paid" side of things, though... With what?! He's in debt waaaay over his head. That's what I've heard, anyways. Long before his trial, that's what he was mainly in the news about.

Anyways, I still don't have an opinion on the matter. Everyone is entitled to theirs, that's all I can say.

Ps. This is getting a little out of hand, don't you think? *Sigh*. So long as it stays friendly...

Edited by Cher2a

Lolz!

There are some really good points you guys are all making. I don't think that anyone will ever be certain, though, in terms of members of the public - you can draw your own conclusions, but you cannot say that you know for certain. Simple as.

On the "MJ could have paid" side of things, though... With what?! He's in debt waaaay over his head. That's what I've heard, anyways. Long before his trial, that's what he was mainly in the news about.

Anyways, I still don't have an opinion on the matter. Everyone is entitled to theirs, that's all I can say.

Ps. This is getting a little out of hand, don't you think? *Sigh*. So long as it stays friendly...

Umm.. I dunno.. I think there ARE a few things you can be certain of..... Jackson has never denied sharing his bed with other people's young boys. That fact has never been disputed. Ok, we'll never truthfully know what happened in those situations, but to some, the undisputed stuff is bad enough.

im glad he is not in jail,

although i think he needs to realise that he just cant re-live his childhood anymore, he is in his fourties and has kids of his own. I think that he needs to be put in a room with a councillor.

also to stop putting masks on his childrens faces in public, someday that might mentally scar them.

he also needs to stop inviting children into his home.

but i do believe that this will make him grow up.

I guess money IS a substitute for justice.....

u can think whatever u want, they have nothin and they wanted him!

and u probably know nothin about the case

testify i sister :P

the reson the trial went on so long was he had money to fund it and top lawyers that helped money doesnt matter in this

YOU CANT BUY YOUR WAY OUT OF CHILD ABUSE!!!!!!

if he was nera guilty he would have been on at least 1 of the 10 but not TOTTALLY NOT GUILTY YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :D:D

If she was a bitch, she would have done the same as Jordy Chandlers family and taken him for money.

I think I read somewhere that getting a prosecution in this case would help a civil trial for money later but I might be wrong.

Whether on not he was guilty I don't think they could prove it beyond reasonable doubt in this case and therefore he had to be found innocent.

But I possibly agree with the 'no smoke without fire' comment but this family was just too dodgy in previous cases to press a conviction (although I'm not convinced he was actually guilty in this case anyway).