Interesting Info on Stargate DVDs

Colonel Jack O'Neill

I remember when the first Volumes of SG-1 Season 8 and Atlantis Season 1 were announced that people were dissapointed that there were no commentaries.

Well I just found out that the Region 2 German releases of Stargate SG-1 Season 8 and Atlantis Season 1 contain Audio Commentaries so if you dont have the DVDs yet you might want to put off getting the UK releases. I was always going to wait and get the Season 8 SG-1 Boxset from the same place I got Season 6/7 as it was only about £30 and this is more of a reason to import.

Just thought I would let everyone know.

So the thought occurs to me now .... as there is a different version out there (with commentaries) do you think we'll get that version in the boxset or just the originals rehashed in a cardboard box?

So the thought occurs to me now .... as there is a different version out there (with commentaries) do you think we'll get that version in the boxset or just the originals rehashed in a cardboard box?

The Boxset release may actually contain the audio commentaries as the BBFC recently passed audio commentaries for the first few episodes of Season 8 and Atlantis but as to when a Boxset will be released I have no idea, if its anything like Season 7 it might not be released until next March/April

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

The Boxset release may actually contain the audio commentaries as the BBFC recently passed audio commentaries for the first few episodes of Season 8 and Atlantis but as to when a Boxset will be released I have no idea, if its anything like Season 7 it might not be released until next March/April

Ah well that's a ray of hope at least!!!

Yeah the delay in the boxsets is terrible (as I'm having to wait for my birthday before I get Season 7 as it is!!! - thank heaven for VHS home recording :D)