Fox Hunting

Moriarwen

36 members have voted

1. 1. Fox Hunting

• It should continue, foxes are pests and they should be hunted
    • Hunting is cruel and wrong, it should be banned.

Fox Hunting has been around for many many hundreds years! Im with KB, the goverment have more serious issues to deal with and spend their money on then this. Its not hurting anybody and people will lose their jobs and farmers will lose money cos no hunts will be taking place on their land! Soon we will see no beautiful country side! It will just end up concrete and britian will sink into the sea cos it will not be able to handle all the concrete!

Has anyone actually been to or seen a hunt? Cos its very different from what you imagine. :lol:

Surely farmers shouldn't be looking for profit as their reason for fox hunting...? Kinda undermines the whole argument FOR it, which is supposedly to keep the fox numbers down.

And also, the job losses wouldn't necessarily be as severe as people think: saddlers and other people involved in maintenence wouldn't be out of a job: people will STILL ride.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fox Hunting has been around for many many hundreds years! Im with KB, the goverment have more serious issues to deal with and spend their money on then this. Its not hurting anybody and people will lose their jobs and farmers will lose money cos no hunts will be taking place on their land! Soon we will see no beautiful country side! It will just end up concrete and britian will sink into the sea cos it will not be able to handle all the concrete!

Has anyone actually been to or seen a hunt? Cos its very different from what you imagine. :lol:

Surely farmers shouldn't be looking for profit as their reason for fox hunting...? Kinda undermines the whole argument FOR it, which is supposedly to keep the fox numbers down.

And also, the job losses wouldn't necessarily be as severe as people think: saddlers and other people involved in maintenence wouldn't be out of a job: people will STILL ride.

i think if you're looking at minimising the job loses ya should just not ban it

also people should really take into account the fact that it being banned would lose a LOT of people their jobs and livelyhood.

exactly.

It is a pretty vicious means of pest control, but there are still two sides to every story.

It's a 'Catch-22'

Nevertheless, the government have bigger fish to fry at the minute.

Those people who will lose their lively hood have known that this ban has been coming for years, yet they have done nothing to find alternative means of making moeny.

They have still continued to breed those dogs for instance, knowing that they may hvae to be destroyed.

does that make it right then?

are you saying that people should just accpet that they will lose their jobs and so stop doing it while it is still around?

its what they're paid for.

its liek finding out your work might close and just stopping.

the ban hasn't been debated over the last few years, its been going for decades. They knew it was going to happen but were in denial.

Has anyone actually been to or seen a hunt? Cos its very different from what you imagine. ;)

thats stupid,

remember the miners?

Has anyone actually been to or seen a hunt? Cos its very different from what you imagine. ;)

thats stupid,

remember the miners?

the hunters health is not in danger

also people should really take into account the fact that it being banned would lose a LOT of people their jobs and livelyhood.

exactly.

It is a pretty vicious means of pest control, but there are still two sides to every story.

It's a 'Catch-22'

Those people who will lose their lively hood have known that this ban has been coming for years, yet they have done nothing to find alternative means of making moeny.

They have still continued to breed those dogs for instance, knowing that they may hvae to be destroyed.

are you saying that people should just accpet that they will lose their jobs and so stop doing it while it is still around?

the ban hasn't been debated over the last few years, its been going for decades. They knew it was going to happen but were in denial.

doesn't change the fact that it actually hadn't been decided. and still hasn't, so people shouldn't just stop.

i really dont want this to get into an argument.

sorry if it has a bit already

Im not saying that they only get money from the Hunts, but with the farming community not at its highest its another thing they are going to lose out on! Why should they have to give up what they do because of people thinking foxes are cuddly little animals that are cute! Foxes are ferocious scavaging maingy little creatures lol! They are not cute at all! Seriously what do foxes do for us apart from kill our chickens and pheasants! ;)

exactly.

It's a 'Catch-22'

doesn't change the fact that it actually hadn't been decided. and still hasn't, so people shouldn't just stop.

;)

no worries.

But they have been at least made aware to the possibility that it could happen, and they have continued regardless.

I kinda do agree that people shouldn't be made to stop something which they can legally carry on, but to have hunts purely because they CAN...that doesn't seem to show any kind of desire to keep the fox numbers down, but more to keep up the sport.

Controversy ;)

Some things just aren't ethical. If capital punishment was the subject of this debate, I doubt people would argue that abolishing it would put the blokes who rig up the nooses or administer the lethal injections out of work.

an eye for an eye. only jokin :S

Capital punishment has already been banned from this country!  ;)

RaWr. ;)

LOL!

Anyway! I think they should bring that back anyway! ;)

...why do I get the feeling you just like all the gruesome bits? ;)

LOL! Im a bit morbid yes!

Im a horror fan, what can I say ;)

exactly.

It's a 'Catch-22'

;)

no worries.

But they have been at least made aware to the possibility that it could happen, and they have continued regardless.

yeah they have continued regardless, but people have always done that.

when factories close people may have known for ages, but it still didn't stop them goin there everyday. for some its the only job they know.

but it doesn't matter in the long run, everyone is entitled to their opinion and its been shaped by others around them, or what they've personally seen, heard etc...

RaWr. ;)

LOL!

I hope you realise that there is actually a difference between horror in movies and horror in reality!

RaWr. ;)

LOL!

"You ate my chicken - I KEEL YOU!!"

"You keeled my fox - I KEEL YOU!"

Hollywood will be brought to its knees ;)

there isn't a significant number of people involved soley in this buissness anyway

i think any number is significant when it can invlove their families too.

i keep sounding like i want an argument, but i really just wanna make sure all points are looked at

RaWr. ;)

LOL!

I hope you realise that there is actually a difference between horror in movies and horror in reality!

No! Freddy Krueger is real right!?

He better bloody NOT be real. ;)

Nah he isnt!

I think I can tell what the difference between real life horror then I can Fictional Horror! I mean horror in real life is A plane being flyed into a tall building or two, or a big wave killing thousands of people, a dog killing a fox isnt exactly what I would call real life horror, that is more like an American werewolf in London ;)

What I don't like about it is the way that the hunters dress up and seem to take such enjoyment out of the killings

It is making 'pest control' as they see it, a sport!!!!

Plus, the hounds are often treated very poorly and in many cases killed if they under-perform or get injured during the hunt...a hunt that they are made to do!!