Star Wars Trilogy dvds

Yodas'stuntman

I was sitting at home bored on my day off when i read a magazine saying that Lucasfilm were gonna re issue the original trilogy but with both original and current re issued versions of each film. Apparently there are also going to be deleted scenes on an extras disc we have never seen with a commentary. So what do we think about that cos you know thats probably gonna happen as its the sort of thing Lucasfilm do, and whos gonna buy it if they do?

The other day i put the extras from the original trilogy on, and wondered if anyone else noticed scenes that were cut from Empire and Jedi on the actual old trailers? If you didnt, go to the Empire actual release trailer and towards the end you can see C3P0 pull off a warning notice from a door on their hoth base. This is supposed to be where he tears it off to fool troopers who go in and get attacked by hoth wampers which were earlier captured.

And in Jedi in the original release trailer theres a quick bit where you see them all in a sand storm which was supposed to take place after they saved han solo from the skiff barge.

There are apparently loadsa cut scenes which they do have and seeing as they didnt put them on the extras disc it seems weird, maybe the magazine was right. :P

:pyth: If there is a chance of getting a trilogy of the series that does NOT have Hayden at the end then I'm in. After waiting since the birth of DVD for my favourite films to be released on the best format available, I was HORRIFIED to see Sebastion Shaw deleted from the final scene and the young upstart replace him, also what happend to his eyebrows????

OF COURSE WE WILL GET ANOTHER RELEASE, be happy!

Lucas wanted to release the OT but not before 2007, all the saga in one box. It has been released now cause of money and piracy, and of course makin more hype for the next film.

Its a good box, but SW can do a lot better for sure :P

Edited by Skylover