MOE'S TAVERN

porkfat

17 members have voted

1. 1. MOE'S TAVERN

• YES! Gimme that sweet Gummi Venus!
    • MEH! Go away! Release the hounds!

GREETINGS, my fellow Sun-Earthers!

This poll is for getting the powers that be to give us a Simpsons section put up on the Forum (in the style of Stargate, James Bond, Horror etc...). I'll be patron/mod/or whatever the hell it takes to get the damn thing up!

By voting you'll either shut my stupid mouth up, or perhaps give me the confidence to proceed with 'phase 2' of my fiendish plan... :borg:;)

*ahem*

Just to put some kind of perspective/relevance to my case, read this:

I woke up on Friday in my 'Homer Is A Dope' t-shirt, with assistance from my Barney Gumble burping radio-alarm clock. I went and ate some cereal, in which a small Marge Simpson toy head-thing dropped from the box. I got into my car which is scented with a Maggie Simpson air-freshner, to which I turned on the car radio to hear Scott Mills use the words 'Save me, Jebus!' (an obscure Simpsons reference). On the walk to work, I stopped to notice that the local toy store had the Professor Frink hand puppet I have searched the globe/web for sat in the f***in' window! (which is now all MINE! hehe!) Also, I noticed a middle-aged woman carrying a Lisa Simpson umbrella, and the tv rental place across the road had an advertisement in the window proudly proclaiming 'New Simpsons on SKY' with a big picture of Homer dressed as Santa. I got to the studio to see the Chief Wiggum doll we keep hung upside-down and brutally sodomised! B) Finally, I sat down with my coffee-filled Simpsons mug at my workstation to turn on my Macintosh, featuring Hans Moleman wallpaper. and the 'error chime' of "Hello Smithers, you're quite good at turning me on!" broadcasting across the studio walls.

...all this in the space of just 45 minutes! And that's when I realised just how big The Simpsons really is, and it's impact on (not only my own, but...) many people's lives and modern pop-culture. I'm sure there are many fans of the show among us on this Forum, and I'm double-sure they'd enjoy an Android's Dungeon of their own in which to dwell.

Please support my stupid little poll, even if you're not interested! I feel that The Simpsons demands it's own section! If we're lucky enough to score it, then I'll be eternally thankful. :D

I'll shut up, now. We'll return with more Knightboat after this Channel 6 report.

feel free to tell me what a stupid idea this is.

peace, JoJo. x

In Da GADDA DAVIDA HONEY!!!

I totally agree with you! I'm a Simp's aholic!

Eat my shorts, don't have a cow!

Well see you round, need to call the Corey Hotline

(Corey rhymes with allegory, mandatory...)

Jaxy

Oooh a simpsons section, excellent.... *does MR Burns finger tapping thing*

All I can say is good luck to you mate. Me and the other Dwarfers on this board have been tying to get our own RD section of ages without sucsess.

Lets just hope someone suceeds with their feindish plans... :o

(hummm maybe I should send out Mr Flibble, he might be able to do something....)

P.S I voted yes for you!! ;)

Edited by Rickman101

Jaxy

:o;):P

that Corey hotline's addictive, you know!

VOTE QUIMBY!

Jaxy

VOTE QUIMBY!

***and we'll march day and night by the big cooling tower... they have the plant but we have the power***

oh is it my turn to talk?

Hello, My Name is Troy McClure, and you may remember me from such forums as Collectormania and London Film and Comic Con...

Sorry, 've been a Simpson addict for about 10 years now.... Even got to meet Hank Azaria last year! HE ROCKS!

Corey hotline is very addictive! As is calling australia to see which way the water spins in their loo and make em check on the neighbors too!!!

Jaxy

VOTE QUIMBY!

***and we'll march day and night by the big cooling tower... they have the plant but we have the power***

oh is it my turn to talk?

Hello, My Name is Troy McClure, and you may remember me from such forums as Collectormania and London Film and Comic Con...

Sorry, 've been a Simpson addict for about 10 years now.... Even got to meet Hank Azaria last year! HE ROCKS!

Corey hotline is very addictive! As is calling australia to see which way the water spins in their loo and make em check on the neighbors too!!!

;):D:o

SWEET, MERCIFUL CRAP!!!

you've met Professor Frink & Comic Book Guy!?

*bows before Jaxy's Jaxy*

Moe Slyzak himself!!

Got masses of pix and his autograph too!

Sigh!

I'm so jealous you. ;)

urgh. I wish Springfield were real. I'd be so happy! although I wasn't programmed to feel love. :o

awww! what's the man behind Apu DeBeaumarche like?

Wonderful play! And his voice is a cross between wiggum and moe LOL

:lol::D:lol:

I'd kill to hear that.

*ahem*

C'MON! I'M NOT GIVING THIS UP UNTIL I GET A CLEAR 'YES' OR 'NO' FROM THE POWERS THAT BE... I KNOW YOU'RE WATCHING FROM YOUR LIGHTHOUSES! :unsure:

• Moderators

We've got a Horror section, couldn't we just have a Comedy section? Cuz it'd cover so much more than just something specific like Simpsons or Red Dwarf etc .. and it wouldn't be a crap section like Farscape or whatever that kinda die out? It'd be good to have a section that's BUSY, u know?

Sorry if that's silly :unsure:

We've got a Horror section, couldn't we just have a Comedy section? Cuz it'd cover so much more than just something specific like Simpsons or Red Dwarf etc .. and it wouldn't be a crap section like Farscape or whatever that kinda die out? It'd be good to have a section that's BUSY, u know?

Sorry if that's silly :unsure:

THAT WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! :D

wow. you're like... really smart and stuff! (lousy marijuana killed my brain! :lol: )

ARE YOU READING THIS, SHOWMASTERS!?

• Moderators

I just figured it'd work well cuz .. yeah, even tho some shows are popular, some of the areas are a little *too* specific .. I mean, everything like Smallville, Buffy, 24/West Wing, Farscape, James Bond .. they're all really quiet! Even Horror isn't THAT busy but ya know ...

Comedy would bring a lot more fans together :unsure:

I just figured it'd work well cuz .. yeah, even tho some shows are popular, some of the areas are a little *too* specific .. I mean, everything like Smallville, Buffy, 24/West Wing, Farscape, James Bond .. they're all really quiet! Even Horror isn't THAT busy but ya know ...

Comedy would bring a lot more fans together :lol:

good point well made. :unsure:

You only have to look at the guest suggestion boards and see the begging threads for Little Britain guests, Spaced, Red Dwarf, Friends, *ahem* The Simpsons... even ALLO-ALLO!!! :D

...the list goes on. Funny shows and movies are very popular, and draw a LOT of fans.

:lol: