Orlando's engaged!

Merry Madam

Hi Merry Madam! I think I met you at the C6 party?

This is what it says:

Orlando Bloom rep says he is not engaged

[from MSN Entertainment News, thanks to The Orlando Bloom Files and Wizard News reader Jack]

Hear that sound? It's a million young hearts breaking simultaneously. Just two weeks after Orlando Bloom was reportedly spied at an L.A. club with a "Malibu Barbie blonde," prompting rumors that his nearly two-year relationship with Kate Bosworth had hit the skids, London's News of the World insists the couple is ready to stay together until the cold, clammy hand of death parts them.

The tabloid, under the catchy headline, "In Sickness and in Elf," claims "Lord of the Rings" eye candy, 27, has slipped a "dazzling" $300,000, 5-carat platinum-and-diamond sparkler on the 21-year-old blonde stunner's finger.

"All you see is diamonds," Bosworth is quoted as raving to a pal. "It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

The paper alleges Bloom, who topped People mag's 2004 list of "Hottest Bachelors," has been advised to keep the engagement on the down-low so as not to send rabid Legolas fans over the edge. It also says Bosworth won't wear her purported cornea-searing ring until they officially announce the betrothal.

But take heart, people. A rep for the genetically gifted duo has silenced the wedding bells, telling MSN Entertainment, "I can confirm that Kate Bosworth and Orlando Bloom are not engaged."