My best experience at an SM event. Thanks to all the cosplayers.

MikeDonovan

12 years ago, this was my best experience at a Showmasters event. My daughter - five at the time - came along, and met many of the characters that had defined her life up to that point. One of her most important touchstones was "Batman: The Animated Series", and just before this event, she had received a DVD of the Animated Series - from me - with a gifttag saying "From Batman: Thank you for watching my show." She walked up to this fellow and said "thank you for the DVDs". He didn't miss a single beat, absolutely bossed it, and replied instantly, bowing, in a deep voice, "you are welcome." It's a moment that she still talks about, at 17. Whoever you are, THANK YOU. You were, and still remain, her Batman. Thanks bud.

No photo description available.

Edited by MikeDonovan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeDonovan said:

Nicky! A long time indeed! You are part of the old guard my friend - you've been here even longer than I have. Good to see a familiar face!

Been here 20 years this month!!! Havn't been to a con in about 10 years though....but may be tempted if the right guests come. Didn't realise anyone I knew from back in the day was still here!

Edited by nicky