Just some thoughts

I don't feel as if I'll be adding anything too different from what's already been said (so please feel free to lock this, SM) but I just wanted to say to first-timers that the events aren't always as crazy as LFCC was. I've been attending SM events for five years and I keep coming back because I genuinely think that they're one of the best event companies out there. Yes, LFCC was crazy, especially Saturday. I'm claustrophobic and I felt panicky on Saturday, but Friday/Sunday were absolutely fine for me in terms of crowds. All the guests I met were lovely, and all the crew members I talked to were very helpful. Perhaps it's because I wasn't there to see Stan, but I actually managed to get everything I wanted done very easily. Yes it was pretty disorganised (and I was genuinely worried about the crowds in case of a fire) but SM seemed to learn from this and, for example, gave crew radios on the Sunday. I still think e-tickets would really help (people were saying that they like tickets as a "memento" but crew take the whole ticket from you on the door so you don't get to keep it anyway) and there was a lack of communication, but I really think that it was all due to Stan's presence and it won't affect future events.

So, first timers who only attended on the Saturday, please don't be discouraged from future events. SM events are usually so much less stress than Saturday was, Winter LFCC should be so much calmer and better organised. I'm not saying that LFCC went perfectly, just that future events should definitely be an improvement on it.

• Like 1