Gold tickets is there any point to getting one

All depends on what you want to do with your time. If you have lots of guests to meet and/or lots of photoshoots then it can help with time management and getting quickly from one thing to the next. You go through photoshoots first and can join any autograph queue at any time without needing a VQ ticket. Also means you don't have to queue early in the morning or have to race around (without running of course) to get all the VQs you need.

I tend to get one for the summer LFCC as it's just so busy and takes some of the stress away but plenty of people do as much or as more as I do without one. Also gets you in the first couple of rows in any talks (including paid ones which you don't need to buy a ticket for) but all comes down to how much you want to get done and how good you are at managing the time you're there really.

As for the autograph packs you get, this is just a small selection of autographs from previous events, not the show you're attending. It's just an extra, personally I've never had anything very interesting in it.

Edited by Rockstar6662

I don't collect autographs so would just give them to my teenager. The main reason I wanted to go gold was to make getting around with a small child who hates queuing easier plus I read there is a chill out room which would be a bonus she was on the floor screaming at Cardiff and there was nowhere to go.

• 1 month later...

I don't collect autographs so would just give them to my teenager. The main reason I wanted to go gold was to make getting around with a small child who hates queuing easier plus I read there is a chill out room which would be a bonus she was on the floor screaming at Cardiff and there was nowhere to go.

Out of interest, if you don't collect autographs I'm assuming you prefer photoshoots ? It's not clear from your posts. The gold ticket will get you down the autograph virtual queues but it seems you won't require that benefit. It will also get you to the front of photoshoot queues, but you would need a photo ticket for entry. The choice will be yours, but check out the entry details on the online store. http://www.btowstore.com/epages/Store2_Shop1309.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Store2.Shop1309/Categories/NEWCASTLE2014 will give you more information. Edited by Samphirette

Yes I collect photoshoots as I've never seen the attraction of paying for someone to write their name, I do have an autograph collection but its ones I've got by accident more than anything else. Guess everyone's different, I think I'll probably just go for an early entry pass and hope it's not too hectic.

As for the chill out room I find it an added bonus for a Gold Pass holder but not a reason to invest in a Gold Pass if that makes sense. Most of the time its a dozen chairs and a few tables shut off by a few cubicle walls.

Not that I'm complaining about it because I find it useful as a Gold Pass regular, just dont go thinking its a VIP Executive Lounge or something lol

I got the gold pass for WLFCC back in October and as much as it was a good time, I wouldn't neccesarily pay for that again, I didn't really get my monies worth even though the autograph pack you get is cool (though at the time, I misread it and thought it was choose between four packs and you get a mix of each ¬__¬) but I think if they wanted to, Showmasters could sell the autograph packs seperately as well as in the gold pass.

I liked the chill-out room but it's only for gold pass members only.