Travel from oxford,advise,help please

Hi

I will be traveling from oxford on the oxford tube to victoria station down to the tube district line gtting off at earls court and then the next part ( kensington olympia ) to the event

Is this the best way to get there? Safer way to get there? cheaper way to get there ?

Reason I ask is I have been sponcered for charity to travel up and back in costume raising 160 pounds. If i wear the red corset i will raise another 100 pounds. I am the guy who dresses as wonder woman for muscular dystrophy. If i wear the corset it will be the most manly part of my costume. this time. Suggestions , safety advise,

Anyone want to join me?

Hi there, I'm a little confused about where your coming from, your getting the train to Victoria station?

If so you can either get the district line west(terminating at Wimbledom) to West Brompton, and change to get the overground north to Kensington Olympia.

Or

get the district line west(terminating at Kensington Olympia) straight to Kensington Olympia.

I would recommend the tubes as they are faster and easier then buses though a bit more expensive, also you are likely to see quite a few other people dressed up as you get closer.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Rather than going all the way to Victoria, you can get off the Oxford Tube at Shepherd's Bush (opposite the Hilton Kensington, and just by Royal Crescent gardens) and walk. Olympia is about 10 mins walk from there - you really don't need to get a tube at all. (Though you could get a bus for a stop - the C1 or the 49 from Holland Road - but I think that'd be more trouble than it's worth.) Have a look on google maps to see how close it is.

There's a bridge over the railway at Olympia tube on Russell Road, so you don't even need to go as far as Kensington High Street to get to the exhibition centre.

I've never been a bloke in a Wonder Woman outfit, but I have been a woman walking with a kid there, often, and I think you'll be fine.

Edited by Jumpyghostface
  • Like 1

Hi! I'm travelling via X90 from Headington with some friends also going to LFCC on sat and sun. You're welcome to join us if that would make you feel safer :) it's £17 return then we get the tube. Most of the people going is this FB event are going from Oxford so join us if you would like! https://m.facebook.com/events/364611513671330?aref=2&ref=bookmark&__user=519610283

• Like 1

jumpyghostface

thank you for the infomation about shepperds bush

once i get off the bus which direction do i go? road name or number? landmarks to look for? I can get lost real easy. looking at the google map which turn for the railway bridge should i take?sorry for so many quesdtions. will be getting the earliest bus to the event. thank you for your help with this

delfino la meep

thank you for the info and invite i might take you up on it. I am the guy at the comic con dressed as wonder woman raising money for charity. I will be going up to the show in costume (sponcered to do it) I don't know if you have ever seen me. What time on saturday are you traveling up? will you be in costume or just out to enjoy the event? Hope to hear from you

jumpyghostface

thank you for the infomation about shepperds bush

once i get off the bus which direction do i go? road name or number? landmarks to look for? I can get lost real easy. looking at the google map which turn for the railway bridge should i take?sorry for so many quesdtions. will be getting the earliest bus to the event. thank you for your help with this

When you get off the bus, you are on Holland Park Avenue. As you face away from the bus and towards the gardens, turn left towards the big roundabout. A few yards along, there's a teeny parade of shops with a barber and a shut-down Greek restaurant. Turn your back to these and there's a big crossing there that takes you over to the side of Holland Park Avenue to the side the Hilton is on.

As soon as you have crossed, you will be in front of a hoarding with "205" on it (they've just knocked down an office block there). Turn right and walk a few yards around the corner until you can cross again, over Holland Road. (there's an island in the middle of the road, here.) When you are on the other side, you'll have a big patch of grass ahead of you, and a row of Boris Bikes to your left.

Turn left, towards the Boris Bikes, and walk along Holland Road until you get to a dry-cleaner's, which is on the corner of Russell Gardens. Turn right into Russell Gardens, walk to the end. (It's a very short road.)

Turn sharp left into Russell Road (you can't do anything else, anyway), and walk along. About halfway up the road is another row of Boris Bikes - the (not well-signposted) entrance to the station is just here. There's a little pedestrian bridge over the tracks from one platform to another that spits you directly in front of Olympia exhibition halls. Or you can just go a few mins further up Russell Road to the main road bridge.

The whole journey is about 10-15 mins walk.

Nope, Sunday - but am just happy if it's a help!

(With the pedestrian bridge over the tracks - I think they may be planning to put ticket barriers there, and I'm not sure if that will affect the pedestrian bridge or not. If they have done this by the weekend, it is only a few mins further up Russell Road to the main road bridge.)

Edited by Jumpyghostface

delfino la meep

thank you for the info and invite i might take you up on it. I am the guy at the comic con dressed as wonder woman raising money for charity. I will be going up to the show in costume (sponcered to do it) I don't know if you have ever seen me. What time on saturday are you traveling up? will you be in costume or just out to enjoy the event? Hope to hear from you

Hi! We're meeting at 7am in Headington outside Lazy Gamer and will take the next X90. Yes I will be in costume as Princess Mononoke :) Let me know if you want to join us

Hi

I am interested , i was planning to take the oxford tube up to victoria station get off at sheppards bush as its just a short walk from there saves time and money. does the x90 go past sheppards bush?

please read travel instruction another person has sent see what you think?

Edited by superwondergirl

Hi!

I couldn't say for sure without definitely checking with my friend, but I imagine we will most likely get off at London Victoria (x90 doesnt stop at shepherds bush) then I checked TFL which suggested district line to earls court (9mins) then to Kensington Olympia (3mins) then 2 min walk to grand hall.

Hi

I found out last night I will be dropping off sister in law at kidlington airport at 430 in morning. will head up to thornhill park and ride and get the first bus that arrives . I would like to meet you there at the convention when you do get there possibly take a picture? Thank you for your kind offer.