Thank you for a great weekend

Smidge

wow , what a great weekend , it was the first con we had been too and it was great , a little cramped but awesome , the dr who, red dwarf, Anthony head, and hobbit talks were fantastic , all the guest were friendly as you could hope for and the staff were outstanding.

the only things i would suggest for the next con are

• more space - the floor was so cramped yet upstairs there were empty rooms ( not the photo/talk ones) maybe splitting some merchant/guests between floors would be better for example if the whole red dwarf crew were to turn up then maybe have them in a room upstairs , this would work if they were giving a talk / photo shoot . as for merchants stalls you couldn't move due to people stopping to have a look which is great for the sellers apart from everyone then bottle necked in a area. with more/better floor space you can have better queue management
  • food /seating - im not sure if showmasters have any involvement with arena catering but as i said empty rooms upstairs , people were sat on the floor on the edge of the arena , even just a room with some chairs in would have gone along way , let alone with a table or two. and you dont really need a crew member in that room.
  • talk/photo shoot lines - instead of having so many people snake around the corridors maybe talk/photo shoot waiting rooms this frees up the corridors when leaving said shoot/talk , this would work well if shoot waiting rooms were next to the shoot room itself

these are small problems which if can be solved would make a flawless con and i hope to be at the next one in Cardiff .

maybe it was because it was our first con but we found it hard to get around as i said if you were trying to pass a merchant stall it was better to go another way , and yeah upstairs was a bit crazy , i cant help but think maybe waiting rooms would help mainly in the case of Brian Blessed photo shoot , would keep everyone out of the corridor