The First Con

CD93

Hey everyone, just wanted to pass on my thoughts of the weekend. It was quite the solo trip and also my first con, no less.

Firstly, thank you to the crew at the organisers booth Saturday morning. I wish I could have got your names just to not have to refer to you all as 'that guy' and 'that lady' haha. But both ladies that helped me out with passes ( far left & far right @ 09:45 - love you both ) were extremely friendly and helpful which set the bar for the rest of the weekend. It was well organised chaos from my POV. I believe it was Stuart (?) doing such a great job at keeping the longer queues in order. Particularly Charles Dance & John-Rhys Davis. Well done to you, sir - thank you!

The madam crewmember manning the printing machine in Photo Area B through Saturday was a pleasure - even when things were arriving in the wrong order. Somehow waiting in line was entertaining each time. Everyone in the photo areas were on form for that matter. Very slick operation getting in and getting out - I was surprised by how quickly the lines were moving. Jenna (<- pre-Who), Gillian, Torri, Chris, John, Robert & Henry Ian Cusick were all brilliant. Lovely people.

From the blokes in the Doubletree lifts to the lady cosplayers in the JLC auto queue - you sure made this 19 year-old lost soul with his grey jacket and black rucksack feel at home. It's quite true that it's easy to feel at ease in a crowd of sci-fi fans. It was a great atmosphere around the hall and I damn well missed the experience today. Very much anticipating future visits.

Fantastic first impressions. Thank you Showmasters and thank you all!

Edited by CD93
  • Like 3