christopher lee?

steff

First of all the leaflet in question is not an official Showmasters leaflet, but it is one produced by the centre:mk advertising forthcoming events. The fact that it contains a photo of Christopher Lee as Saruman, could purely be illustrative of 'any' LOTR guest rather than him in particular.

Secondly, its true that Christopher does do signings. He has done two in the past 18 months down at the Cinema Store in London, plus one at Nottingham at their other branch (which had people queuing from 6am !!) as well as those mentioned earlier in the threat.

He is a pretty robust gentleman, but personally I could not see him sitting through a whole day of signings, but I'm sure that he could be accomadated with several breaks during the day. After all, we had Pat Morita (71) and Alan West (75) at LFACC and CL is not much older at 82. An alternative might be a afternoon signing session followed by a Q&A at Cineworld ??

Finally, FYI Christopher Lee only ever personalises his signatures nowadays. If you see anything for sale purporting to be signed recently, regard it with scepticism. He does it because he hates to see people making money out of faking his signature - thats why he refuses to sign anything generically, without personalisation.

Of course, Christopher would be 'perfect' guest

SARUMAN in LOTR

COUNT DOOKU in Star Wars

SCARAMANGA in James Bond 'Man with the Golden Gun'

All those classic Hammer horror movies

etc etc

definately a 'Guest for everyone'

First of all the leaflet in question is not an official Showmasters leaflet, but it is one produced by the centre:mk advertising forthcoming events. The fact that it contains a photo of Christopher Lee as Saruman, could purely be illustrative of 'any' LOTR guest rather than him in particular.

Secondly, its true that Christopher does do signings. He has done two in the past 18 months down at the Cinema Store in London, plus one at Nottingham at their other branch (which had people queuing from 6am !!) as well as those mentioned earlier in the threat.

He is a pretty robust gentleman, but personally I could not see him sitting through a whole day of signings, but I'm sure that he could be accomadated with several breaks during the day. After all, we had Pat Morita (71) and Alan West (75) at LFACC and CL is not much older at 82. An alternative might be a afternoon signing session followed by a Q&A at Cineworld ??

Finally, FYI Christopher Lee only ever personalises his signatures nowadays. If you see anything for sale purporting to be signed recently, regard it with scepticism. He does it because he hates to see people making money out of faking his signature - thats why he refuses to sign anything generically, without personalisation.

Keith you seem to be well informed..

Can you tell us if he actually does sign Dracula pics..or not..

I know that last year or so, Ideal World sold a set of Universal Horror stamps mounted and framed with his and Ingrid Pitt's autographs.. So it does seem a bit odd that he is prepared to sign this alongside a pic of him as Count Dracula!!

Re the personalisation.. That would be perfect.. I wish more actors would adopt this policy!!

Keith you seem to be well informed..

Can you tell us if he actually does sign Dracula pics..or not..

I know that last year or so, Ideal World sold a set of Universal Horror stamps mounted and framed with his and Ingrid Pitt's autographs.. So it does seem a bit odd that he is prepared to sign this alongside a pic of him as Count Dracula!!

IF he is confirmed as attending, I will try to clarify the 'Dracula' situation with either his son-in-law, Juan or with his agent. Although I'm sure if this is indeed a bone of contention and could cause embarrasment, I think you can trust Showmasters to make a pertinent announcemt beforehand.

U can buy Dracula signed pic on his official site: his official site

But I believe he dont sign Dracula stuff anymore. Probably he prefere to sign with personalization, but he has also signed a lot of stuff recently for trusted on line shop like Autographabilia.com, C2 Venture's TheForce.Net shop or Mark Dermul's autograph "club" or James Bond web sites :lol:

If Im correct he will soon sign again for C2 Ventures...

:unsure: I really hope to meet him soon! This guy is fantastic :rolleyes:

Edited by Skylover

ok not to rain on any one parade but it is still a roomer, and big IF and all that . so when an announcement comes , and if he is not coming don't be 2 upset.

but still it'l be sooo cool if he did.

i wounder if he is at c-5

what are you lot going to bring him to sig ?

me- my LOTR book with the sig of the LOTR ppz from c-4

Edited by Nili

Authentification: Only a sticker on the back, signed by his official webmaster (and son in law). And u must know too that he never add a character's name to his sig :wub:

I have two 8x10 photos signed (and personalized) from LOTR and SW, plus two SW Tales comics #17 (special Dark Side), one with the art cover and the other with the photo cover. Both signed by Lee, Prowse and Ray Park (I would like to add Ian McDiarmid on it now). + the Master Replicas Dooku light saber Signature Ed.

If I can meet him I will bring SW action figures and posters!

Can i say, sorry to disappoint you, I don't want to seem like I know it all about Mr. Lee, the last thing I want to seem like is a know all, but he won't be going. I could ask Juan but I don't need to to know that Mr. Lee won't go, even if he was asked I don't think he would, he's 81, not to mention that he has been very busy lately.

He doesnt sign Dracula stuff anymore because although it was a huge step in his career and he is recognised mostly for his role as Dracula, the fact is that it was years ago and its time to move on. Don't even bother trying, believe me. Although there were Dracula autographs on the CLW they were limited edition and as far as I know are not available anymore. Ebay is a no go area anyway so personalised or not you shouldnt even bother unless Juan is selling them on there. The CLW is down at the moment, Juan's been making a lot of updates recently and the shop has been down for a while. Basically, if you are brave enough to buy an autograph from anywhere that is not linked to Juan or Christopher Lee you should look out for Dracula autographs, they are most likely faked and also, Mr. Lee does not like to sign in thin ink. Although, he did sign my Lord Of Misrule autobiography in thin ink (obviously that would be quite a sensible thing to do on thin paper) the book was stamped, though, not personalised. Occasionally, personalised autographs are available on site but I do say this is occasionally, erm, quite rarely actually and Im not sure if you had to be a premium member...?

Is it true that he won't sign anything to do with Dracula??

If it is, it is a pity if he no longer acknowledges the role that 'made' him..

Yeah I agree!

He shouldn't be ashamed of anything really - without that he wouldn't have got roles in later films - eventually leading to LOTR and Star Wars :blink:

He still loves The Wicker Man though!!!!!!!

I agree, Sean Connery is the same he hates even anyone mentioning James Bond, and that was the films that bloody made him!!

Whether he comes or not, maybe you'd like a look at the man himself with his latest 'creation'...Saruman from LOTR

130108728uSnPuL_ph.jpg

The photo, by the way is one taken by me at a signing - which I provided to the official CL Website 16 months ago (and is still on there, to my knowledge)

• 2 years later...

Genuine Signatures of Mr Lee are available, including ones on Hammer/Dracula Stills from at least one other little-publicised dealer. It appears he may have had personal dealings with a close friend of the Dealer, allowing memorablilia from the great cinematic works of Mr Lee to be signed such as James Bond, Lord of the Rings, and Star Wars. It should be noted the majority of these signatures date back up to nearly 10 years, and bear no "Authentication Stamps" or identifying marks. These should not be dismissed as fakes, and Im sure one day they will be considered valuable.