For those there to today, a challenge

Would not have been so bad, but every stall was selling the same crap as the previous one, only at a higher price.

Could do with a bit more variety, not much to spend my pennies on.

Though when I met Robert Lewellyn, I brought the first four series on DVD, I got a discount for buying all 4, plus RL signed all of them for free and Craig charles had signed them at a previous convention, plus a free pen. WOW, those guys were great. Sorry to RL, we must of pestered him for ages, went back 4 times. Well we was bored waiting for Billy and John to arrive. :(

Yeh must agree with my fellow forum m8s that there was no way 750 stalls where there, more like 200 max, but I didnt go for stuff really just to meet some guests, but I did pick up a couple of Matrix figures ive been after cheap.

The propstore stand was ACE though!

Did you notice on the flyer for LFACC 2.. the venue says halls 1 AND 2.. so it seems that it will be bigger next time..

No Darling. Hall 2 is actually where the main guests and talks was, If you look at a talk ticket it said held in hall 2, which confused me, so I asked at the info desk.

So in short, same place, don't need more stalls, just more variety. More girlie things like jewellry/costumes, would be great.

just more variety. More girlie things like jewellry/costumes, would be great.

Jewellery!!!!!!! at a film and comic con! i want variety but please no! lol go shopping every weekend until the next one and get jewellery! sheeesh

The 750 thing was probably based on the number of tables, not dealers.......I'd just like to say that although they all do indeed sell almost exactly the same gear, it is surely up to different dealers to attend and sell different stuff.

Given that this was the first event, I'm sure that some dealers didn't bother as they'd rather wait and see what type of reputation the shows gains as far as visitor numbers go. I think this is especially the case with comic dealers.....couple this with the fact that there WILL be comic guests at the next event and I'm sure the second show in November will be mega!

The main problem for dealers these days, especially in this country, is the competition from the internet and the US....you can get the same stuff much cheaper elsewhere, simple as that!