Complete and in Progress Cosplay Picture/Discussion thread

FreeSaiyan

This thread is for you to show off your finished cosplays as well as a place to track your progress and update us on what you have been up to recently! Show us how your cosplay for the next London Film and Comic Con or the next Collectormania is coming along! We hope to see some awesome photos and progress pics and really do look forward to them so please do post away!

You can post Pictures from all forms of cosplay and costume, be it anime, manga, games, movies, sci-fi, steampunk, Gothic lolita or any of the other linked facets of cosplay they are all welcome here.

Let's get posting! Don't be shy!

This thread is for you to show off your finished cosplays as well as a place to track your progress and update us on what you have been up to recently! Show us how your cosplay for the next London Film and Comic Con or the next Collectormania is coming along! We hope to see some awesome photos and progress pics and really do look forward to them so please do post away!

You can post Pictures from all forms of cosplay and costume, be it anime, manga, games, movies, sci-fi, steampunk, Gothic lolita or any of the other linked facets of cosplay they are all welcome here.

Let's get posting! Don't be shy!

Okay, so I guess I'm going to be the one who starts off replying to this thread.... With my kind-of-rubbish Karkat Vantas (from Homestuck) cosplay progress report, haha!

Today I raided the lovely-as-ever Primark and came up with some perfect linen grey trousers, which not only disguise my curves but also drape well and are the perfect colour, as well as some perfect shoes, which was very lucky.

However, I'm having to redo my shirt - luckily, it was only an afternoon of sponge-painting a design in grey paint, which I have kept along with the stencil - since I foolishly thought an old, too-small-for-me black tee would work.

I'm also using this method for my hands, since I want to be able to go about my day without worrying about grey paint rubbing off on things; and therefore need to stock up on cheap black tights, as the cutting method is hard and I've run out of 'practise' surplus pairs I had from finishing school.

However I have acquired the colouring gel to style and turn my hair black, and made my pointy false teeth using this method, which had the advantage of leaving me enough nails to file down to fit mine to add to the tight-gloves I'm making, which I've painted yellow and filed a hand's worth (5) already.

Which makes this cosplay about 80% done in terms of effort and cost since I need to buy cheap tights and a t shirt (around £5?) but still expensive grey makeup, which'll be around £16.

Anyway, after my very long and boring ramble, here's the first reply. ^^'

Edited by SmallHam

I'm going to be cosplaying one of Julian's costumes from the new National Theatre production of Emperor & Galilean and I've got trousers and boots already, currently searching for braces. I'm waiting for press night (the 16th) to get some more pictures of the particular coat I want to make though, I doubt it would be wise to try and make it from just my memory from the night I saw it!