The Event

BACYLON

Seen the first two episodes - shocking use of repeated flashbacks, hope they reduce the use of them in the next few episodes.

A fair bit of mindless action to keep the interest going though. Very much a poor mans rip off of LOST and FlashForward so far but gonna stick with it to give it a chance to find its feet.

Bizarre haircut worn by the president, reminded me of a cheap action figure from the 80's LOL.

Seriously tho, what did people think?

Agreed it does appear to be a mix of Flash Forward/Lost. I must admit that I 'lost' interest in Lost quite quickly, and while I enjoyed Flash Forward I stopped watching it once the cancellation announcement filtered through.

As for The Event. I quite enjoyed it. Enough there to catch my attention for a Friday evening and I will be watching the next episode. Good to see Tony Todd lurking about!

I didn't notice the haircut of the president as I was distracted by Mr Arm-in-a-sling, who constantly reminded me of Mathew McConaughey.

didnt watch it, not sure if I will, bit annoyed it seems so similar to flashforward, sick of shows being canceled and new ones very similar sometimes usually worse being green lit.

no one really of note to temp me in actor wise and the trailers were humm, ok but reminded me of flashforward (and the dodgy movie 2012) so I got annoyed lol

flashbacks? humm these can be annoying, even in lost sometimes they were very annoying though more so in early seasons.

dont think ill bother especially reading the above reviews, if its on and im flicking ill give it a go but doubt ill go out of my way.

to busy with SGU, V, NCIS, Whitechappel, SPOOKS, SJA, FRINGE, NEW TRICKS at the moment

Although on wikapedia does sound better than the trailers look but now sounds like flashforward/2012/4400/V lol

The add breaks annoy me too....got to put up with tho as i don't think i'd want to fork out on DVD for it.

Can just about fit it in provided it doesn't get crap as the only 'live' shows i'm watching at the mo are Merlin, SGU, Warehouse13, Haven and The Apprentice.

Caprica ain't back till January, which is when we'll miss Lost, 24 etc the most.

I'm unsure about this one.

So many flashbacks it will get confusing if not consistently watched.

Although again I am a little ahead of you guys in this, it not one i rush to watch.

But about time a show stopped using planes, surely there are other things they can use to do conspiracy theories.

I want to say this gets interesting but as only a few eps ahead of you then cant, and can only hope that it gets better.