Gold Ticket exclusive drinks reception

forevertwilight

I am sure there is already another thread about this.

I will find it for you as Too Tall has put lots of information in there

This is the information I found. TT was answering various queries but it answers a lot of questions

Basically, previous gold pass receptions have been 7:30 - 8:30pm, There is free wine and orange juice and nibbles on the tables. You stand in groups (they werent assigned, most people gravitated to tables that had people they knew).

A Massive Events crew member would bring a guest to your table for a set time, and you just chat away, then the guest is moved on to another table and you get another guest.

you will get to meet each guest at the table. Dont be shy, dont be afraid to ask them questions, but if you have any queries, or problems, ask a crew member at the time, dont leave it until after the reception, they will be happy to help where they can.

Bigger room:

This is possible and I'll talk to the office see what we can do. To be honest though I think the ET4 room was OK, no one was walking into each other. The only thing I do agree with was the room acoustic and that it did get loud in there, and maybe a bigger room would help with that.

Bigger tables:

The problem is that if we have bigger tables they are likely to be sit down tables and as I'll explain below we don't want people sitting. But if the hotel have bigger high tables we'll see if we can find them.

Chairs:

I know the guys in the office really want to keep this as a casual affair and that all goes if everyone is sitting. Also it's a lot less likely that the guests will come around a chaired table and shake everyone hands or hug them (with people needing to get up and down). So we feel that standing gives a better chance of a more personal interaction.

Also it allows the guest to move about the group more easily, if there's one free seat, the people sitting next to that seat get to sit next to every guest, unless you make everyone move around a bit after every guest.

But basically this is something we'd rather not do.

Smaller groups:

The issue is time. With 10 groups of 15 people it gives us about 5 minute per guests with each group and leaves a minute to move between groups. And that's the hour. If you make the groups only 8 that's 19 groups, that means only 2 minutes per group with a minute to move. So by splitting the groups in to 8s each group ends up getting 2/5th of the time with each guest. Not great. So on to the next one, which would help with this.

Make it longer:

I can talk to the office about making it a bit longer, but I do know that there will be contractual issues with doing so. It's not as simple as "well let's just make it 30 minutes longer", we need to get the agreement of all of the guests etc. There is also the issue of it then clashing with the party which usually starts at 8:30pm. If we make the drinks reception 30 minutes longer we will not end until 9pm.

I'm not saying this is out of the question I'm just explaining why it's not just as simple as "let's make it longer".

More soft drinks options:

That's something I can again talk to the office about. What were you thinking of?

We've never said "well that'll do!", for any aspect of the show. We're always looking at different ways of doing things to see if they could be better. For most things you'll just notice small tweaks here and there.

The drinks reception is one of the more "played" with things we do. We're always looking at it to try and make it the best it can be.

One of the BIGGEST things we wanted to fix was to make sure that every attendee got to see every guest. With smaller numbers of gold passes (80 and less) the old more random mingling approach worked and we found that everyone would get to see all the guests. But when it's 100+ we started to see issues with a number of attendees not seeing some guests at all.

This became our number one issue for the gold pass reception. The thing is we needed a system which ensured every attendee saw every guest BUT that did not make the drinks reception too formal. The new system brought in at ET3 worked on that front. Everyone got a group and every group got to see every guest. On that front it was a great success.

I do think we're getting there and the ET3 gold pass reception was by far the best we've had with a full 150 gold pass holders.

It is trial and error. Sometimes things that sound great in theory just don't work out in practice. So thank you to those that have given suggestions to help us make it even better.

Stuart.

Edited by Rhianydd

lol aw shucks :P

You will have loads of fun at the gold pass reception. I have been to two. The last one was the best, really relaxed and friendly :help:

I didnt go to ET1, but the cons keep growing and they keep adding things all the time :clap: There were fab backgrounds for photos with your friends at ET3 in the parties, and the guests joined us at the dance floor and on the rodeo ride and fairground games. Really good fun :wub:

I need to get on and get my ticket before they sell out ! lol

I know I know! Skint though! Got Autographica and CM 16 coming up first :(

Too much going on! lol :D

Tell me about it, Rhi! CM16, ET4, Warp 10, and ET5 to pay for this year. And Danielle is thinking about LFCC so if she goes, Im gonna wanna go too :D

Yeah :( dont forget CM17, CML, Roadhouse and Chevron! The list is endless! lol Thankfully :D

We would get bored with all the events to occupy our time and bank accounts :D

And considering I have only ever done the G-Mex events...

Haha you guys have loads going on :') i could barely afford this one so my mum bought me the ticket :') i will pay her back *cough cough * :D

Hey hun......... you WILL LOVE the gold pass drinks reception....

Was one of my favourite things about ET3..........and of course i just had to get gold for ET4 and ET5 too... Lol............. this is what mostly swung it for me........ :D It really is a great introduction to the guests who at ET3 were all really nice and lovely and funny........ :D Had an awesome time.......

You will have a blast........believe me............... :angry:

Hey Guys :)

This is my first time going Gold ( YEY ) and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the drink reception. I was just wondering how it worked, like what time it starts / finishes if you know what I mean :').

Hope you lovely people can help :)

Hol X :D

Have 'bumped' the original thread for you.. :D

Haha you guys have loads going on :') i could barely afford this one so my mum bought me the ticket :') i will pay her back *cough cough * :D

Hey hun......... you WILL LOVE the gold pass drinks reception....

Was one of my favourite things about ET3..........and of course i just had to get gold for ET4 and ET5 too... Lol............. this is what mostly swung it for me........ :D It really is a great introduction to the guests who at ET3 were all really nice and lovely and funny........ :no: Had an awesome time.......

You will have a blast........believe me............... :P

Hey Guys :)

This is my first time going Gold ( YEY ) and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the drink reception. I was just wondering how it worked, like what time it starts / finishes if you know what I mean :').

Hope you lovely people can help :)

Hol X :D

Have 'bumped' the original thread for you.. :D

HAHA :) i am sooo excited :D october is not coming fast enough :) and eclipse soo :D BAHH :D