Cosplay Announcements

Pre-registration is still open for both days and it's important that you sign up in advance unless it's absolutely impossible. The reason for this is that, if the Sunday masquerade is going to be a bit empty we would like to run another cosplay-related event instead - but we need to know in advance which one we'll be doing. To this end, we need you signed up for Sunday as soon as possible if you are entering.

The first prize on Saturday will be £100 cash, if that helps you decide whether to risk leaving it til the day to sign up. xD

We will be running two workshops over the weekend: "Wigs" and "Choosing the right cosplay for you". There will also be a cosplay area for you to hang out and meet other cosplayers, as well as fixing up any costume emergencies or even getting a bit of sewing or wig-styling done in a quiet moment.

(I've started a separate thread because all the others have lots of general chatter and I didn't want this stuff to get lost. Can a mod pin this and unpin "cosplay at this years LFCC"?)

Edited by TurkFox

I want to go to the Twilight talk on sunday,so if i was to do the cosplay on sat, what times the comp/mascerade thingy??

because i will be getting the train on the saturday so i could come in costume (haha!) and come straight there... then do everything else on sun, as i have sunday early bird tickets.

if i did come on the sunday for the cosplay would it just be £5 for normal entry?

sorry if this is MEGA confusing!

It starts at 3pm both days.

As you already have early bird tickets for Sunday, I'm not quite sure why you need to know the normal entry price too?

because i'm off to the twilight talk on sun so it will clash with the masquerade/cosplay comp (however you spell it) on sunday. so i would like to do the masquerade/cosplay comp on saturday instead, so i'l need only an entry ticket (?)

is that just £5?

sorry i'm all new to this... lol

just checkin my email. lol

Right got it. lol, I think I should be loud enough, i thank my theatre studies tutor a colege and my drill instructor at cadets for ensurin i have a big gob. lol.:YAHOO:

Edited by liremaer

Maybe a stupid question but this will be my 1st LFCC, so I know nothing how the masquerade will run or what is there around the venue.

I am interested in entering, but since I will be most likely be going to this event alone, I will have no one to look after my bags & stuff whlist I walk on stage, so is there a cloak room or a cosplay desk or some other place to look after your stuff?

There might be some where to put it or he you ask nicely i'm sure someone in the talkzone will watch it for you. I might just pull this off guys. I'm puttin the ribbon on the hanging sleeve as i type so only the skirt to go. Unfortunately due to the shop the ribbon on these is different thicknesses and colours i'm havin to mix and match to eke out what i have left. Ack!

Arrgghh no disaster. My bodice for the esther dress is too small by about an inch. It fit last time i tried. Oh well i'll have to put a panel in and hope for the best on a bright note i found one not so clear reference pic and got the sleeves on. Yay.