Latest Guest Annoucement

• Showmasters Admin

Our latest guest for our Artist Alley is

HAL LAREN

Hal Laren is the man behind Reaper Comics: www.reapercomics.co.uk He has created new Sci Fi characters BEX, Diba & Rock and The Elementals. His art style is a mixture of traditional Pencils and Ink as well as 3D computer generated images.

He will be appearing all weekend at the Apocalypse Comics stall.

comiccover.jpgTRANSFORMERcover.jpg

page3.jpgdiba.jpg

venpg8.jpgstarshiptroopers.jpg

I agree. The more comic guests, the better! You just need some big names now.

Surely Jimenez is a 'big name'.

Runs on Wonder Woman, Superman & the penciller for the majority of Infinite Crisis.

I meant to say "You just need some more big names now". Jimenez is pretty much the only major name at the moment as far as comic guests go although Mike Collins and Arthur Suydam have done some notable stuff too (Collins' work on X-Men 264 and key issue 266 as well as his time with DC while Suydam does all the Marvel Zombies covers).

I would like to see people like Todd McFarlane, Mike Mignola, Jim Lee, Garth Ennis, Alan Moore, Grant Morrison etc at this con. Let's have it live up to the "Comic" in its name!

I would like to see people like Todd McFarlane, Mike Mignola, Jim Lee, Garth Ennis, Alan Moore, Grant Morrison etc at this con. Let's have it live up to the "Comic" in its name!

I agree that it would be nice but unless you get a 'comic' guy on board I just don't see that happening.

SM could do a lot worse that partnering up with Kev F Sutherland and using his contacts.

i agree - more comic artist or writers are needed

Steve Dillon

Garth Ennis - great bloke - met about 10/15 years back on hitman promotion

Derrick Robertson

Jim Lee

John Romita jr

Stan the man lee

to name just a few

the dude :D

Surely there is a "guest request" topic this can be moved to? This is someone's guest announcement thread, and filling it with requests for other "bigger" guests is not really fair.

Edited by Lena

Lena is right, this is not really the place to say "this guest is ok, but can we have someone better please". That isn't fair towards Hal or any other guest you may talk about in a similar light.

Anyhoo... Hal is one of the greatest guys you will ever meet. Friendly and funny and will chat to you about comics and art all day if he could. He is also extremely talented and will no doubt be a bigger name in the future!!!! Please make sure you come over and meet him over the weekend!!!