Cosplay Competition C-15?

fletcher763

HI, does anyone know if theres going to be a proper Cosplay competition, with a stage at collectormania 15.

I have been owkring hard on my costume for this June & still no info, I really hope it won't be on-line again as it was auful doing this way & so dissapointing, for many people!

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Fletcher763

:wub:

HI, does anyone know if theres going to be a proper Cosplay competition, with a stage at collectormania 15.

I have been owkring hard on my costume for this June & still no info, I really hope it won't be on-line again as it was auful doing this way & so dissapointing, for many people!

Fletcher763

:(

I'm afraid we didn't have a choice this time, it was either that or no competition at all. May I ask what you thought was awful and who thought it was disappointing? It was made very clear beforehand what would be happening, I thought.

There should be a masquerade at C15, I can't make it this time but Sarah (Rickman101) should be taking my place for that one.

Edited by TurkFox

Yeah but for something thrown together in such circumstances it wasn't that bad. lol, need to get my sewing head back on, i've not done owt for nearly a week. Sayin that i have had pink hands for most of that after my glove burst when i was dying my cloth, grrr. lol :firedevil:

Fletcher763

:D

I'm afraid we didn't have a choice this time, it was either that or no competition at all. May I ask what you thought was awful and who thought it was disappointing? It was made very clear beforehand what would be happening, I thought.

There should be a masquerade at C15, I can't make it this time but Sarah (Rickman101) should be taking my place for that one.

It was dissapointing because of how many months are spent by people making their costumes. Photos of costumes just don't do the costumes justice!!! All that work & getting ready, just to stand thier for a minute for a photo.

It was eventually clear what was going to happen, last year. The thing though with getting your friends to vote was not right, for one thing I only have 2 friends who both voted. Of course your friends & family are going to vote for you, no matter how much better other costumes are, becuase your family.

At least there were proper judges with no connection to that person, & base their descion on hard work, which is how it should be, though i still think you can't judge the work properly from a photo.

Costumes need to be shown off on a stage as previously done & at least then people can tell you about the work & details of the costume, with the microphone. With the on-line comp, you couldn't put a small speach with your photo, to help really put your hard work forward & to have a couple of sentances explaining some of the details, gone into.

I really hope there will be a proper competition for the next CM-15.

It was only decided a few weeks ago that there would definitely be a competition at Midlands, so I'm sure people hadn't pinned all their hopes and hard work on it.

As for the judging - I made plenty of notes from looking at the costumes and conversations I had with various entrants, and one of the judges was actually present on Saturday (the only day we had entrants) and saw most of the costumes in person. Anyone who didn't get to tell me the details hadn't read the rules, where it specifically stated you had to come for pre-judging - the rules were out at the front of the desk all weekend as well as being online in advance.

There should be a masquerade at the future events, but we won't be asking any questions on stage, hence the introduction of the pre-judging.

For the record, the previous online competition was nothing to do with me, so if you have any issues about it you should take it up with the previous organiser.

Edited by TurkFox

• Showmasters Admin

From a Cosplayer point of views I can imagine it looks like we've not bothered, but in each case there have been very good reasons why the competition had to be run the way it was.

So I'd just want to add some facts behind some of this.

1: The C14 competition had to be online as we had no space for a stage in the hall. As you may or may not know at C14 we were told we could no longer use the wings down the sides to John Lewis for either guests or a stage. This was one of the reason for us having to move Collectormania to the stadium. So it was decided that an online competition was better than nothing at all.

2: It was only finalised about a month ago that Ruth would take over the Cosplay for us. And at such short notice we did not expect there to be a Cosplay competition at Midlands at all. Ruth said she wanted to do it and could get something up and running in the short amount of time that she had. And I think that she did an amazing job giving the lack of time. Again we decided an online competition was better than none at all.

3: There was no masquerade at Midlands because up until a week before the show we did not have the room to have a stage at the hotel and so there were to be no talks at Midlands. So when Ruth and I discussed the cosplay 3 weeks ago there was no stage to have a masquerade. When it was confirmed a week ago that we would have a stage it was too late to change everything around for this show. So it stayed as an online comp.

4: We have stages at both C15 and at LFCC and so we will definitely be looking at booking time on stage for a Cosplay masquerade at these events.

Thanks,

Stuart.

Sweet, v. good to hear that. lol. Don't think i'll be going to c15 not enough money or time off to do it, but meh next year won't be too far away. lol I have a dress, not finished but it's at least together now, ack trying to get 6 mtrs of fabric down to around 32 inches is not fun. lol. :YAHOO: