Avengers7

Positives:

Brilliant guests!

The Parties were awesome!

Time table thing in packs.

Managed to get an autograph from everyone

Really helpful Showmasters crew!

Negatives:

The alcohol was very expensive! Although that is more to do with the hotel...and my tendency to drink too much...

EDIT: Oh and I scolded my fingers while washing my hands in the loo near the bar, I still have blisters!!!

Edited by kolo

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone else mentioned I was in there because of my "un-normal" appearance. Almost everyone that came in and saw me laughed, but I saw that as them laughing with me not at me. I didn't feel exploited, I saw it for what it was. A bit of theatre portrying the way things were and having funny with it at the same time.

I'm sorry it made you feel uncomfortable.

I appreciate the fact that you responded here. It's not a huge deal - as I did say, I do acknowledge the fact that it's my hang-up more than anything else. I did get talking to them briefly in the bar afterwards and I don't for one second mean to imply that SM were actively exploiting anyone. It's just a case of it being so non-PC that it shook me.

We got the most bitchy looks during the Burn Gorman photoshoot as my friend is disabled and doesnt look sick at all 90% of the time.

Obviously i'm aware that everyone wanted to have their photo taken with him ect and has to que but when we've been told to do one thing and do it. Then get evil glares it kinda puts you off wanting to attend events. As it makes you uncomfortable.

Eveyone else in autograph ques ect seemed fine with me queing and then when i got to the front or almost their Lisa joining me. but the photoshoots where we were let in first or as close to the front as the staff thought they could get us seemed to cause lots of looks. 90% of people were fine and i appologised for que jumping explaining our situation to everyone we cut in front of.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank Too Tall for helping with the situation on sunday afternoon where myself and Lisa had to que at the back of Burn's autograph line dispite having told the crew on his que that we had won Matt Rippy's encounter and only had like 5 minutes to get to the session and the autograph.

You were a great help to us all weekend and you and your staff showed great consideration for Lisa's disabilities.

• Showmasters Admin

We got the most bitchy looks during the Burn Gorman photoshoot as my friend is disabled and doesnt look sick at all 90% of the time.

Obviously i'm aware that everyone wanted to have their photo taken with him ect and has to que but when we've been told to do one thing and do it. Then get evil glares it kinda puts you off wanting to attend events. As it makes you uncomfortable.

Eveyone else in autograph ques ect seemed fine with me queing and then when i got to the front or almost their Lisa joining me. but the photoshoots where we were let in first or as close to the front as the staff thought they could get us seemed to cause lots of looks. 90% of people were fine and i appologised for que jumping explaining our situation to everyone we cut in front of.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank Too Tall for helping with the situation on sunday afternoon where myself and Lisa had to que at the back of Burn's autograph line dispite having told the crew on his que that we had won Matt Rippy's encounter and only had like 5 minutes to get to the session and the autograph.

You were a great help to us all weekend and you and your staff showed great consideration for Lisa's disabilities.

I'm sorry you got those looks. There unfortunately will always be those that feel that way. Hopefully people will begin to realise that apart from it making them wait maybe 10 seconds more it really doesn't effect them as we have always got through everyone that wants either an autograph or a photo shoot. I can only hope it doesn't put you and Lisa off coming again.

You and Lisa are most welcome, she has a very good friend in you and I'm glad we could help. We try our best to help where we can and I personally just want everyone to have a good time :D

Edited by Too Tall

I've just read through 8 pages of feedback so I won't repeat what's already been suggested or griped about. I had a fantastic time at Hub2. I'm so impressed by how smoothly it ran, and by the positive changes made based on suggestions here at the forum. It was great to have the schedules provided in the packets, the big schedules on the walls, the much improved bag-drop-off during photo shoots, the raffles to give those of us who don't have a lot of money a chance for an "intimate encounter", the Torchwood themed drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic (thank you for having a non-alcoholic version!) The theme parties were amazing especially saturday night.

I have only one suggestion to add, since no one else has mentioned it: at the sunday night party, the music is way too loud. I'm guessing it's at the same volume as both friday and saturday night, but since there are far fewer people who stay for the sunday night party, there just aren't enough people in the room to absorb the sounds. I had the same problem at the first Hub convention: I really wanted to dance but the music was so deafening sunday night I couldn't be in the room! (I'd have requested to have the volume lowered but honestly it was too loud to even attempt to make that request.)

But overall, I had a great time and I already have my ticket for Hub3. (Which means I'll be crossing the Atlantic for Hub convention yet again!

EDIT: Oh and I scolded my fingers while washing my hands in the loo near the bar, I still have blisters!!!

Shouldn't have had your hands in the loo then... :wub:

I could have scolded worse than my fingers but we won't go there...

Edited by kolo

I have only one suggestion to add, since no one else has mentioned it: at the sunday night party, the music is way too loud. I'm guessing it's at the same volume as both friday and saturday night, but since there are far fewer people who stay for the sunday night party, there just aren't enough people in the room to absorb the sounds. I had the same problem at the first Hub convention: I really wanted to dance but the music was so deafening sunday night I couldn't be in the room! (I'd have requested to have the volume lowered but honestly it was too loud to even attempt to make that request.)

Yes, it was pretty deafening, I popped my head in but couldn't stand it, so stayed outside.