I know it's early buuutttt......

liremaer

I did it i have come up with one design for a costume need at leastr one more but hey I've got time yet. So far I have titania aka queen of the fairies in a midsummers night dream. It's an elizabethan gown with an elaborate headdress and silk wings, I'm going looking for tutorials on silk painting in a mo it's ages since i did it at school. lol. Any hoo, it's going to be lighter than the helena ravenclaw dress, probably chiffon and stuff, i have to work out the full thing but it's a start right, hopefully going for deep reds and purples colourwise since I've gone back to being a red head. lol. :YAHOO::D:D:P

I did it i have come up with one design for a costume need at leastr one more but hey I've got time yet. So far I have titania aka queen of the fairies in a midsummers night dream. It's an elizabethan gown with an elaborate headdress and silk wings, I'm going looking for tutorials on silk painting in a mo it's ages since i did it at school. lol. Any hoo, it's going to be lighter than the helena ravenclaw dress, probably chiffon and stuff, i have to work out the full thing but it's a start right, hopefully going for deep reds and purples colourwise since I've gone back to being a red head. lol. :YAHOO::D:D:P

I wish I could be so organised. I think Sarah will be Glinda, the good witch from Wizard of Oz.

Might need some advice from you on shaping the skirt as I dont have a clue how to do anything other than circular skirts.

mmm looking at glinda I'm thinking crinoline skirt, you can buy em really cheap on ebay. mine only cost a fiver including postage hun the rest is just layer after layer of net and tulle, deffo a crinoline and maybe a hip roll. Hang on let me have a lok on ebay for you, because a basic 3 hoop skirt won do it, it's too much of an a line shape.

I would recommend going on ebay, it's cost a little bit more to buy one from the states or china, but they ate good quality and it's the only place i've found 5 hoops skirts under 20 that will give the right shape. Anything smaller tends to sag a bit and hang wrong. hope that helps hunny. oh and type in 5 hoop crinoline petticoat for the best result.

mmm looking at glinda I'm thinking crinoline skirt, you can buy em really cheap on ebay. mine only cost a fiver including postage hun the rest is just layer after layer of net and tulle, deffo a crinoline and maybe a hip roll. Hang on let me have a lok on ebay for you, because a basic 3 hoop skirt won do it, it's too much of an a line shape.

I would recommend going on ebay, it's cost a little bit more to buy one from the states or china, but they ate good quality and it's the only place i've found 5 hoops skirts under 20 that will give the right shape. Anything smaller tends to sag a bit and hang wrong. hope that helps hunny. oh and type in 5 hoop crinoline petticoat for the best result.

Thank you for the advice. Ive had a look at the 5 hoops but wonder if they might be a little big for Sarah as she is only 9, or she will be this month. I made the underskirt for Giselle for LFCC last year and it worked ok so I might try to make one for Glinda. Looking at pictures the skirt seems squashed in the middle for lack of a better description and wasnt sure how to get that effect.

:dance: Ah. lol dodn't realise it was for a little un. hehe, i think simplicity do a pattern for the costume hun if that's the case, still not got a clue as to what i'm doing for the second costume, though i'm using the tudor tailor to help me draft titania.

Havn't really started anything, i thought i might not be going earlier, my boss wants the same weekend off, but i think she's going to rota it so the 2 male staff members work it, thank godess, i haven't even looked at my design for over a week now, i have to start my outfit for the haworth ww2 weekend, i wanna go authentic this tuime, so I'm hitting a theatre vintage sale next week. lol. Then I'm gonna start thinking of lfacc again, i need a new set of stays as well, so everything is on hold till i can get those done.

• 3 weeks later...

OK things have changed, i have a second costume. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!! Finally desided after perusing the costumes on cosplay.com that queen esther of albion from trinity blood is gonna be my main costume, looks like it's gonna be a hard job, and is gonna need a 6 hoop crinoloine but wow it's soooooooo pretty, and really quite hhistorically based despite being an anime costume, so yup finally got it, i start my stuff for it today.

;):D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

I may have a job by then (if it's a cruise or a show then I can't get time off), but if I don't I'll be there and probably with at least two costumes. I doubt I'll have had a chance to wear Fargus (Pandemonium) to a con by then so I'll probably enter it in the masquerade, and I might bring Sirius Black or another of my old, comfortable favourites for the other day. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Phew, sod it unless i really need em i'm probably gonna use my old stays, on a strict budget for this, start my titania costume tomorrow, just doing the stomacher and stuff, seeing as i already have the stuff in to do it. It's gonna be a rose petal applique so lots of fiddly bits and glitter and stuff, boyfriend is gonna love me mon thursday when i'm still sparkly 2 showers later. lmao. :blink: