horror con in the uk!

justinh

its true its about time we have a horror event over here in the uk, usa have such great evnts in the horror side of events so cum on where is our turn i thk some1 shd pull there finger out and do sm thg about it i mean its not like its not gonna make no money or no1 gonna turn up i thk it would be sold out in hours so cum on get the horror going.

lets hear sm voices for a horror event then sm1 might stand up and listen to it..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its true its about time we have a horror event over here in the uk, usa have such great evnts in the horror side of events so cum on where is our turn i thk some1 shd pull there finger out and do sm thg about it i mean its not like its not gonna make no money or no1 gonna turn up i thk it would be sold out in hours so cum on get the horror going.

lets hear sm voices for a horror event then sm1 might stand up and listen to it..

It seems that the powers minions seem to have decided that it wont make any money

A genre spawning 1000s of movies,works of literature and those nifty action figures they have in Forbidden Planet it appears will not bring in the crowds whilst a derivative tv show that finished 5 years ago based on the Horror genre that has seen infrequent ques at SM shows since it finished gets its own gig.

Edited by vintageSW77

This is the problem, I think horror fans expect too much in wanting a full fledged horror convention in the U.K, without a massive influx of interest and demand, it will never happen, and as an horror fan myself, this fact makes me very sad indeed. I think a more viable request would be to ask for an horror section at a future Collectormania or LFACC, and call it "The Horror Zone", or something much more original than that example :YAHOO:

Interesting thread this and some very good discussion points. Having been long active on the horror genre (both as long running site webmaster/editor and active with horror film festival programming and licensing) I can assure folk there is indeed a lot of interest from the horror community in the area of a horror convention. The problem hindering it happening though is the welcomingly vibrant horror festival circuit here in the UK. Essentially many horror fans want to watch horror movies and meet genre guests as part of that experience - and as most horror fests offer mutiply guests/Q&As/stalls etc then the need for a con dwindles. I'd love to plug some of the excellent fests around the country but dont want to breach forum rules (which is a shame when we happily promote SM events when we're running stalls at them!?)

It seems that the powers minions seem to have decided that it wont make any money

I'm actually uncertain about it working in the UK at least as well as they do in the US.

This is the one kinda con where we could have planty make-up FX guys - I'm still waiting for Greg Nicotero to come back.

I think if they see that there is more activity in this horror section of the forum it's a very good place to start to get SM to notice rather than multiple threads asking for a con. This is why I bumped up a few of the old threads. So get posting!